Student-centric advice and objective recommendations
Higher education has never been more confusing or expensive. Our goal is to help you navigate the very big decisions related to higher ed with objective information and expert advice. Each piece of content on the site is original, based on extensive research, and reviewed by multiple editors, including a subject matter expert. This ensures that all of our content is up-to-date, useful, accurate, and thorough.
Our reviews and recommendations are based on extensive research, testing, and feedback. We may receive commission from links on our website, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when posted. You can find a complete list of our partners here.
How to Get CVS Tuition Reimbursement
CVS is one more company that we can add to the list of companies that provide tuition assistance to their employees! They provide their employees with multiple options that make it easy for part time and full time employees to gain a higher education. Let’s jump in!
What they offer
Through partnerships with various schools (listed below), CVS offers you the chance to receive both associate and bachelor degrees. However, if a degree isn’t what you’re in the market for, CVS also wants to help you earn technical certificates and certifications.
Who is eligible
Full-time CVS employees are eligible to use their educational benefits following the first day of the month after their hire date. Part-time employees are eligible to participate in these programs one year after their hire date. A full-time employee is defined as someone who works 30 or more hours a week, while part-time employees are defined as working less than 30 hours a week.
6 steps to tuition reimbursement
CVS makes it easy for you to take advantage of their education program by laying out the steps for you. Take a look below to see what your first step is!
1. Become an employee at CVS
CVS does not specify that employees need to hold any certain jobs in order to qualify for tuition reimbursement. Employees just need to meet the hours requirements stipulated for full-time and part-time positions based on whichever category they fit.
2. Schedule a meeting with an advisor
Your next step is to schedule an appointment with EdAssist to help you assess what your academic goals are. Ed Assist is available through Bright Horizons Ed Assist, an online education platform that helps students navigate their education from start to finish. You can schedule your EdAssist meeting by logging in to your CVS account going to MyHR > Colleague Education Program > Schedule Free Education Coaching.
3. Contact your college and apply
After you’ve figured out what your educational goals are, it’s time to take real steps toward achieving those goals! Your job now is to contact the college or institution you’ve decided to attend by submitting an application.
4. Apply for tuition reimbursement
Once you are accepted, you can officially apply for tuition reimbursement on the EdAssist website prior to beginning your courses. It’s important to make sure you sign up for tuition reimbursement before attending your courses!
5. Complete your courses
You’re doing it! You are completing your courses and your job now is to complete your coursework and get that education!
6. Apply for tuition reimbursement again
You might be wondering why this step is listed again, but let us explain. You do need to apply for tuition reimbursement again after completing your courses. This time you will need to supply supporting documentation that shows you have successfully completed your courses. Once your reimbursement is approved, you will see the cost of your courses repaid through your next one to two paychecks.
CVS offers you several universities to choose from, all with varying levels of tuition coverage. The main partnerships and their tuition coverage through CVS are laid out below!
- $0 out of pocket after $3,000 annual tuition reimbursement from CVS Health Reimbursement
- All degrees under the Commitment Grant are available to students, which includes focuses in Business Administrations, IT, Healthcare Management, and Criminal Justice
- For degrees outside of the Commitment Grant, CTU offers a 20% grant towards all other degrees, as well as a 10% grant for immediate family members of all CVS colleagues
- $2,000 out of pocket annually after $3,000 CVS Health Reimbursement
- Access to over 40 of their undergraduate and graduate degree programs for $5,000, which is reduced to $2,000 after your $3,000 tuition reimbursement goes through
- For those who do not qualify for the CVS Health Colleague Education Program, UAGC offers a 35% discount to colleagues and their immediate family members
- Strategies Education Inc. offers access to programs at Capella University, Strayer University, and Sophia Learning
- They offer access to both undergraduate and graduate programs that include Business, IT, Psychology, Nursing, and Health Care
- Other programs not covered under tuition reimbursement will receive a 10% discount and access to additional scholarships if available
Bright Horizons Education Network is a network of over 200+ colleges and universities that you have access to as an eligible member of the CVS Health Colleague program. If none of the programs that CVS offers are for you, there is sure to be something for you through the Bright Horizons EdAssist program! Speak with an EdAssist team member to help you assess whether this is the right route for you!
CVS scholarships for dependents
In addition to CVS’s tuition reimbursement, they also offer scholarships for dependents of CVS colleagues. These scholarships are only available to dependents whose parent works full-time at CVS. Scholarships range in value from $1,000 – $5,000!
When you think of CVS, you may just think of the jobs that you see in a CVS store, such as retail associates, pharmacy technicians, Minute Clinic employees, and others. As a CVS employee though, you can get a job in a plethora of other areas as well! CVS also hires employees to work in corporate, marketing, distribution, information technology, and more! Use the CVS job locator to help you find the right job for you!
Frequently asked questions
What benefits does CVS offer?
How much do CVS retail employees make?
What other companies offer tuition reimbursement?