Student-centric advice and objective recommendations
Higher education has never been more confusing or expensive. Our goal is to help you navigate the very big decisions related to higher ed with objective information and expert advice. Each piece of content on the site is original, based on extensive research, and reviewed by multiple editors, including a subject matter expert. This ensures that all of our content is up-to-date, useful, accurate, and thorough.
Our reviews and recommendations are based on extensive research, testing, and feedback. We may receive commission from links on our website, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when posted. You can find a complete list of our partners here.
How to Get Apple Tuition Reimbursement
Everyone knows Apple as being one of the biggest companies in the United States. But did you know that they want to use their resources to help their employees afford an education? Apple offers employees tuition reimbursement through their Educational Assistance Program. Read more in this guide on how you can become eligible for Apple tuition reimbursement!
Who qualifies for tuition reimbursement?
Apple is providing the opportunity for tuition reimbursement to full-time employees who work 20 hours or more a week.
Eligible employees for Apple’s tuition reimbursement:
- Employees paid from Apple or its affiliates W-2 payroll are eligible for the Educational Assistance Program (provided that they meet certain hours requirements)
Employees who are not eligible for Apple’s tuition reimbursement:
- Flexible workforce employees
- Independent contractors
- Temporary agency workers
- Corporate employees whose hours are fewer than 20 a week
How much will Apple provide for tuition assistance?
Apple will provide full-time employees with up to $5,250 in a calendar year.
Will Apple pay for my textbooks and other course materials as well or just tuition?
Eligible expenses that Apple will reimburse employees for include:
- Required books
- Required software
Ineligible expenses that Apple will not reimburse employees for include:
- Admissions test fees
- Application fees
- Insurance fees
- Parking fees
- Transcript fees
- Review classes and related exam fees for tests such as the GMAT, SAT, CPA, bar exam, or CLEP exams
- Late fees
- Deferred-payment fees
- Shipping and mailing charges
How will Apple employees receive their reimbursement?
After you complete the courses and receive your grades, you can request reimbursement. You are required to submit the following items to GP before the reimbursement deadline:
- Your official grade reports
- Itemized receipts for out-of-pocket tuition, books, and eligible fees. The receipts must include your name and Apple employee ID number written on the top of each receipt.
- Course syllabuses that list any required books or software if you are requested reimbursement for these items
Step-by-step guide for tuition reimbursement at Apple
1. Find a job at a nearby Apple
Visit Apple’s career website in order to view open positions. If you input your location it will provide you with open positions near you!
Apple is a giant company so there is a lot of diversity in the roles you can contribute to within the company. Positions at Apple range from marketing, design, hardware, sales, support and much, much more! So, look for a position that most aligns with your goals and passions!
Also remember, that Apple’s tuition reimbursement only applies to full-time Apple employees. Take this into consideration when applying for positions at Apple!
Even if there are no positions open in your location range, there is no need to worry! You can sign up for job alerts or go speak with a manager at a nearby Apple regarding your interest. Doing both will keep you ahead of the competition!
2. Choose an eligible degree program
The Educational Assistance Program is administered by GP Strategies Corporation. The benefit is that it will provide Apple employees with educational reimbursement for job-related courses taken from an accredited college or university.
Courses and degrees chosen must be directly related to either your current job at Apple or another job at Apple you aspire to have. Therefore, courses taken must maintain or improve any skills necessary to perform your current Apple job. So, for example if you take a physical education class you will not be reimbursed unless the activity is currently required for your employment at Apple.
Courses selected must additionally meet all of the following requirements:
- Courses should be pre-approved by submitting an online application through GP which is Apple’s program administrator
- Courses must also meet Apple’s Educational Assistance Program guidelines and be approved by your manager to be reimbursable.
- Courses must begin and end while you are working at Apple.
- Courses must be taken at accredited schools
- You must receive a grade of B- or better
- Courses must earn academic college credits, certificates, or Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
3. Apply for tuition reimbursement
All applications for Apple tuition reimbursement must be completed and submitted online. To complete the Educational Assistance Program application, visit GP’s website at appleedassist.gpworldwide.com.
If you need help completing the application, contact GP at [email protected] or call 866-792-3840. After you submit your application, your manager will be notified via email that an application is pending his or her review.
4. Begin your educational journey!
Congratulations on starting a new educational journey as an Apple employee! Do not hesitate to reach out to your bosses, co-workers, or professors for help along the way – they are there for you!
Best of luck in your academic journey!
Alternatives to Apple tuition reimbursement
Apple’s tuition reimbursement is an amazing perk to working with their company. However, tuition assistance, luckily, is a common occurrence within many big companies.
Companies such as Amazon, Chipotle, Target, Starbucks, and more offer affordable education for employees, some even offering up to 100% off of tuition! Be sure to check out our other guides to learn how you can be eligible for these tuition benefits!