Student-centric advice and objective recommendations
Higher education has never been more confusing or expensive. Our goal is to help you navigate the very big decisions related to higher ed with objective information and expert advice. Each piece of content on the site is original, based on extensive research, and reviewed by multiple editors, including a subject matter expert. This ensures that all of our content is up-to-date, useful, accurate, and thorough.
Our reviews and recommendations are based on extensive research, testing, and feedback. We may receive commission from links on our website, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when posted. You can find a complete list of our partners here.
How to Get Chick-fil-A Employee Scholarships
Friendly customer service is a trademark of Chick-fil-A. But did you know it also leads the industry in supporting its employees’ education? Chick-fil-A’s Remarkable Futures Scholarship Initiative has awarded more than $136 million in scholarships since 1970.
This article lays out Chick-fil-A’s tuition reimbursement options and how you can join the team.
What scholarships does Chick-fil-A offer?
Chick-fil-A’s Remarkable Futures initiative offers two classes of scholarships. Part-time and full-time employees at locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada can participate. The first is the True Inspiration Scholarship. Employees who receive this top award get $25,000 toward their college education. The other award is the Leadership Scholarship, worth $1,000 or $2,500.
Awards cover tuition, fees, books, and other school-related expenses. Both scholarships are based on a candidates’ demonstration of care and service for others that year. Scholarships are applied up-front, so employees don’t have to foot the bill then wait for reimbursement!
Related: Top scholarships for adults
What are the requirements to receive a scholarship?
- Your superior (Operator, Interim Manager, or Executive General Manager) must nominate you
- You must be employed with Chick-fil-A when you apply and when the scholarship is awarded; there is no minimum length of employment for eligibility
- Your transcript showcases a grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- You will have to demonstrate financial need
- You must be a postsecondary undergraduate or graduate student. If you are still in high school, you can either be dual-enrolled or plan to enroll full-time in college for the upcoming year.
- You have done community service (or other ways you have made a positive impact) in the last 12 months
How many employees receive scholarships?
In 2022, 13 Chick-fil-A members received the True Inspiration Scholarship, while 12,699 employees received the Leadership Scholarship. Chick-fil-A has continued to increase its investment in scholarships, so there are likely to be more opportunities available each year.
What kinds of degrees are eligible for scholarships?
Scholarship funds go towards tuition at accredited two-or-four year colleges/universities. Online programs and vocational/technical schools also qualify. Additionally, employees can study whichever topic they wish!
Don’t miss: Top reasons to attend a community college
Are these scholarships the only option for tuition assistance?
No! Obviously, not each of Chick-fil-A’s over 35,000 employees can receive a scholarship. But every employee does have access to Chick-fil-A’s Scholarship America platform. This organization lists over 100 colleges and universities that offer tuition assistance and grants. These financing solutions are combinable with the above Remarkable Futures Scholarships. There are many discounts available, including some that extend to family members. Employees can get up to 30% of their educational investment reimbursed!
How to get started at Chick-fil-A:
- On Chick-fil-A’s website, navigate to the Careers page to begin your search. There will be a tab to browse restaurant positions. You can input your location to see which stores nearby are hiring.
- Once you select a store, you can see the open positions. You will then have access to a pretty standard job application. There, you can upload your resume, educational background, and information about yourself.
- Get hired! Once you have a job at Chick-fil-A, you are eligible for its tuition discounts at Scholarship America.
- If interested in applying for the Remarkable Futures scholarships, remember their assessment criteria. Being friendly, helpful, and hardworking in and outside of the restaurant is essential for consideration
- After talking to your manager, you are ready to apply. The application cycle begins in August and the selection of winners occurs in October. You only need to fill out one application for both the True Inspiration and Leadership scholarships.
Next steps for students
To date, Chick-fil-A has helped over 80,000 employees with their educational expenses. You could be one of them! We encourage you to apply for a job at your nearest Chick-fil-A restaurant. If this is not the company for you or it is not feasible due to where you live, keep exploring! There are many other companies that offer tuition assistance, such as Home Depot, Walmart, Chipotle, Starbucks, UPS, and Amazon.