Student-centric advice and objective recommendations
Higher education has never been more confusing or expensive. Our goal is to help you navigate the very big decisions related to higher ed with objective information and expert advice. Each piece of content on the site is original, based on extensive research, and reviewed by multiple editors, including a subject matter expert. This ensures that all of our content is up-to-date, useful, accurate, and thorough.
Our reviews and recommendations are based on extensive research, testing, and feedback. We may receive commission from links on our website, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when posted. You can find a complete list of our partners here.
Top 14 West Virginia Scholarships in June 2023
West Virginia is known as the “Mountain State” because it is the one state that is completely within the Appalachian Mountain Range. West Virginia scholarships can help make your climb to financial success a reality–unlike educational loans, the scholarships listed here never need to be paid back!
Jump ahead to:
Top 11 West Virginia Scholarships in June 2023
The Scholarships360 Research Team reviews all scholarships individually and strives to exclude any scholarship where any of the below applies:
- The scholarship requires a fee to apply
- The scholarship requires paid membership in an organization (with certain exceptions for reputable trade organizations and others)
- Student are required to sign up for a site or service to apply*
- The scholarship seems primarily used for lead generation** or idea harvesting purposes***
- The scholarship website has many grammatical errors and/or advertisements
- The scholarship or scholarship providing organization seem untrustworthy
- There is no evidence the scholarship was previously awarded
- The scholarship has not been awarded in the past 12 months
- There is no available contact information
If you believe a scholarship has been published in error, please reach out to [email protected] and we’ll take a look!
* There are certain exceptions to this, for example if the sponsoring organization is a major corporation or nonprofit with its own scholarship application system.
** Lead generation scholarships will require students to sign up for an app or website and require minimal (if any) application requirements.
***Idea harvesting scholarships will require students to submit blog posts or other materials that companies may use for marketing purposes.
Sharen and Mila Kohute Scholarship
The Sharen and Mila Kohute Scholarship is a beacon of hope for first-generation female students who face unique obstacles when pursuing higher education. This scholarship honors the memory of Mila…
$10,000 “No Essay” Scholarship
The Scholarships360 $10,000 “No Essay” Scholarship is open to all students who want some extra help paying for their education. Whether you are a high school student who hopes to…Show More
$2,000 Nitro College Scholarship – No Essay
Easy scholarship from Nitro College open to all high school, college, community and graduate students.
Niche $15,000 No Essay Scholarship
Open to all high school and college students, as well as anyone looking to attend college or graduate school in the next year.
Carville M. Akehurst Memorial Scholarship
The Carville M. Akehurst Memorial Scholarship is awarded to qualified students to help ensure the continuity of the nursery and landscape profession. Applicants must have at least a junior standing…Show More
Hyman P. Moldover Scholarship for Communal Service
Are you a current or incoming Jewish graduate student living in the metropolitan Washington area? If so, consider applying for the Hyman P. Moldover Scholarship for Communal Service! The scholarship…Show More
St. Andrew’s Society of Washington DC Founders’ Scholarship
"St. Andrew's Society of Washington DC Founders' Scholarship" applicants must be able to cite their Scottish descent and must submit a statement of their plans and goals. Other criteria applied…Show More
Dream.US Opportunity Scholarship
Are you an undocumented immigrant student who came to U.S before the age of 16? If so, you may be eligible for the Dream.US Opportunity Scholarship! The Dream.US Opportunity Scholarship…Show More
Dominion Energy Educational Equity Scholarship Program
Are you a racial or ethnic minority planning on enrolling in full-time post-secondary study? Then you might consider applying for the Dominion Energy Educational Equity Scholarship! Awarding between $5,000 and…Show More
L. Phil and Alice J. Wicker Scholarship
The L. Phil and Alice J. Wicker Scholarship is a fantastic opportunity for students in the ARRL Roanoke Division (North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia) who hold an Active…Show More
Gary Wagner, K3OMI, Scholarship
Attention all engineering students with an Active Novice Class Amateur Radio License or higher! The Gary Wagner, K3OMI, Scholarship is now accepting applications. This scholarship is exclusively for those pursuing…Show More
Additional West Virginia scholarships
Refer to the list below to find the best West Virginia scholarships for you!
James T. and Rose M. Perryman Family Foundation Scholarship
- Eligibility: U.S. Citizen, 3.0 GPA, major in technology, engineering, math, or metals.
- Amount: Up to 97% tuition
- Deadline: March 30, 2021
West Virginia Invests Grant
- Eligibility: Legal residents of West Virginia for a minimum of one year immediately before applying. Must be enrolled in college at least half-time
- Amount: Full cost of tuition and fees
- Deadline: Rolling
West Virginia Higher Education Grant Program
- Eligibility: West Virginia high school graduates with financial need who are working towards their first undergraduate degree
- Amount: Varies
- Deadline: April 15, 2021
West Virginia Nursing Scholarship Program
- Eligibility: Students enrolled at least half-time in an accredited West Virginia nursing program and in good academic standing
- Amount: Up to $15,000 per year
- Deadline: June 1, 2021
Korean American Scholarship Foundation – Eastern Regional Chapter
- Eligibility: High school, undergraduate, and graduate students of Korean heritage with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Must have financial need and live in the Eastern region states (Delaware, District of Columbia, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia).
- Amount: Up to $15,000 per year
- Deadline: June 30, 2021
Resources for West Virginia students
West Virginia University Merit Scholarships
In-state and out-of-state West Virginia students who attend one of the four WVU campuses (located in Morgantown, Beckley, or Keyser, and are eligible for up to $16,000 per year in merit scholarships. Applicants are automatically considered when applying to WVU.
On October 1st of every year, the FAFSA opens. In West Virginia, the deadline is April 15, 2021. Keep in mind that for the WV Higher Education Grant Program and WV Invests Grant consideration, you must apply before that deadline.