Top STEM Scholarships for 2020
Top scholarships for students interested in science, math, technology, and engineering
The STEM fields–science, technology, engineering, and mathematics–are among the most popular majors for college students and prospective high school students.
One of the major reasons for this is that careers in STEM are in high demand. Whether you want to become a software engineer, a nurse, a researcher, or a data scientist, you will have many postgraduate job opportunities. This also means that there are a ton of STEM scholarship to support students.
If you are a STEM student in high school or a college or graduate school student looking to pay for your education, you should be applying for scholarships. Keep on reading to learn more about the top STEM scholarships for 2020.
Top STEM scholarships in 2020:
- Eligibility: College students in funeral or mortuary science
- Amount: $1,500 to $2,500
- Deadline: March 1 or September 1
Adobe Research Women-in-Technology Scholarship (opens in late summer 2020)
- Eligibility: Women currently enrolled as an undergraduate or masters student (students must have completed at least one year of undergraduate education)
- Amount: $10,000
- Deadline: September 27th
- Eligibility: Students ages 13 to 18 who create a physics, life sciences, or mathematics video project
- Amount: $250,000
- Deadline: June 25
- Eligibility: High school students with an interest in a carer in health and/or medicine
- Amount: $500
- Deadline: June 1st
- Eligibility: Undergraduate or graduate students must be majoring in a STEM field of study
- Amount: $1,000
- Deadline: August 1
- Eligibility: Individuals under 23 pursuing projects in biotech, career development, economics and finance, education, energy, information technology, mobility, robotics, and space
- Amount: $100,000
- Deadline: May 19th
Scholarship Tips for STEM Majors
- While some STEM scholarships are for students who have an interest in STEM others require that a student actually majors in a STEM field. This can be a big deal for students who are not 100% sure of their college major. You do not want to be in a situation where you may lose a scholarship because you want to change your major.
- If you are writing an essay for your scholarship, make sure that you are tailoring the essay to both the prompt and the organization awarding the scholarship.
- Some individual colleges may offer specific scholarships to support prospective student majoring in STEM (such as this scholarship from Kenyon College). Check with the colleges on your list to see if such scholarships exist!
To summarize, these are the top scholarship for students in science, technology, engineering, and math:
- ABFSE Scholarships
- Adobe Research Women-in-Technology Scholarship
- Breakthrough Junior Challenge Scholarship
- CollegeXpress Easy Health & Medicine Scholarship Contest
- Straight North STEM Scholarships