Top Washington Scholarships in 2021
Known for its beautiful scenery and majestic national parks, Washington State is also home to a number of amazing colleges and universities. Luckily, Washington scholarships are available for students in the Evergreen State!
Jump ahead to:
- Top Washington Scholarships
- Resources for Washington State Students
- Summary of Scholarships
- Recently Closed Scholarships
Top Washington Scholarships in 2021
Whether from Washington or not, keep on reading to learn more about the top scholarships offered there!
- Eligibility: Students who are enrolled members of the Washington Indian Gaming Association and Indian students in Washington State
- Amount: Up to $60,000
- Deadline: March 31, 2021
- Eligibility: Students planning on transferring to UW-Seattle who’ve demonstrated special ability in art, humanities, music, science, and/or leadership at one of the community colleges in the Puget Sound region
- Amount: $5,000 in the second-year at community college or up to $12,000 per year for three years
- Deadline: April 9, 2021
- Eligibility: Female residents of Washington working towards a degree at a Washington College Grant-approved university with a GPA of 2.50 or above
- Amount: Up to $5,000 per academic year
- Deadline: April 10, 2021
- Eligibility: High school students from one of the 17 Western states or three U.S. territories whose governors participate in the bipartisan Western Governors Association
- Amount: Between $200 and $1,500 (amount depends on placement in competition)
- Deadline: April 30, 2021
- Eligibility: Washington residents or students attending a Washington school planning to pursue a career in any equine-related field. GPA of at least 2.85, and financial independence or household income of less than $75,000
- Amount: Up to $5,000
- Deadline: May 1, 2021
- Eligibility: Currently enrolled or enrolling in automotive-related programs in Washington State. High school seniors employed (or the immediate family of an employee) at a WSADA-member dealership may also apply
- Amount: $3,000
- Deadline: May 7, 2021
- Eligibility: College undergraduates with high financial need who are majoring in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Business, Political Science, Strategic Media, or other related fields
- Amount: $1,000 to $5,000
- Deadline: July 16, 2021
- Eligibility: STEM and healthcare majors with financial need
- Amount: $1,500 each quarter for the duration of an associate degree, certificate, or apprenticeship program
- Deadline: Varies
Summary of Washington Scholarships
- Washington Indian Gaming Association College Scholarship
- Martin Achievement Scholarship
- WWIN Star Scholarship
- Celebrate the West High School Art Competition
- Washington Thoroughbred Foundation Scholarship
- WSADA Bright Future Scholarship
- Media Fellows Scholarship
- Washington State Opportunity Scholarship
Resources for Washington State Students
On October 1st of every year, the FAFSA opens. In Washington State, students should apply as soon as possible for the best financial assistance. If applying for the PROMISE Scholarship, the FAFSA deadline is March 1 of each year.
The Washington College Promise Program offers scholarships to 65 public and independent colleges and universities in the Evergreen State. The scholarship allows students with need to graduate with the least amount of debt while pursuing their college degree. As mentioned above, you must apply for the FAFSA by March 1st of each year for consideration.
These Washington scholarships are closed, but will open soon!
- Eligibility: High school seniors in the U.S. with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above who plan on enrolling in a university in the Fall after graduation. Applicants must also come from a household with $55,000 or less gross family income.
- Amount: $10,000
- Deadline: Reopens August 1 (Deadline: October 25)
- Eligibility: LGBTQ+ or LGBTQ+ allied college students who are either residents of or attending school in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, or Washington. High school seniors planning to enroll in a university the next year are also eligible.
- Amount: Averages $4,000, but can be higher depending on the specific scholarship
- Deadline: Reopens on October 11, 2021 (Deadline TBA)
- Eligibility: High school or college students who reside, attend school, or work in Seattle. Must possess an active Seattle Public Library card
- Amount: $5,000 scholarship for first-place and two $2,500 scholarships for runners up
- Deadline: March 15, 2021 (Opens in December 2021)