Student-centric advice and objective recommendations
Higher education has never been more confusing or expensive. Our goal is to help you navigate the very big decisions related to higher ed with objective information and expert advice. Each piece of content on the site is original, based on extensive research, and reviewed by multiple editors, including a subject matter expert. This ensures that all of our content is up-to-date, useful, accurate, and thorough.
Our reviews and recommendations are based on extensive research, testing, and feedback. We may receive commission from links on our website, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when posted. You can find a complete list of our partners here.
Top 24 Washington Scholarships in June 2023
Known for its beautiful scenery and majestic national parks, Washington State is also home to a number of amazing colleges and universities. Luckily, Washington scholarships are available for students in the Evergreen State!
Jump ahead to:
Top 17 Washington Scholarships in June 2023
The Scholarships360 Research Team reviews all scholarships individually and strives to exclude any scholarship where any of the below applies:
- The scholarship requires a fee to apply
- The scholarship requires paid membership in an organization (with certain exceptions for reputable trade organizations and others)
- Student are required to sign up for a site or service to apply*
- The scholarship seems primarily used for lead generation** or idea harvesting purposes***
- The scholarship website has many grammatical errors and/or advertisements
- The scholarship or scholarship providing organization seem untrustworthy
- There is no evidence the scholarship was previously awarded
- The scholarship has not been awarded in the past 12 months
- There is no available contact information
If you believe a scholarship has been published in error, please reach out to [email protected] and we’ll take a look!
* There are certain exceptions to this, for example if the sponsoring organization is a major corporation or nonprofit with its own scholarship application system.
** Lead generation scholarships will require students to sign up for an app or website and require minimal (if any) application requirements.
***Idea harvesting scholarships will require students to submit blog posts or other materials that companies may use for marketing purposes.
$10,000 “No Essay” Scholarship
The Scholarships360 $10,000 “No Essay” Scholarship is open to all students who want some extra help paying for their education. Whether you are a high school student who hopes to…Show More
$2,000 Nitro College Scholarship – No Essay
Easy scholarship from Nitro College open to all high school, college, community and graduate students.
Niche $15,000 No Essay Scholarship
Open to all high school and college students, as well as anyone looking to attend college or graduate school in the next year.
ExxonMobil Engineering Scholarship
The ExxonMobil Engineering Scholarship Program is intended to assist and encourage outstanding Hispanic college freshmen who plan to pursue a degree in engineering at U. S. post-secondary institutions. Applicants must…Show More
Foster Care to Success Continuing Education and Job Training Program
Are you in foster care or have received guardianship or adoption services from Casey Family Programs? If so, consider applying for the Continuing Education and Job Training Program! This program…Show More
LULAC Lambda Scholarship
Are you a current or future college or graduate student based in D.C. who identifies as Hispanic/Latino and LGBTQ+? The League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) Lambda Scholarship may…Show More
St. Andrew’s Society of Washington DC Founders’ Scholarship
"St. Andrew's Society of Washington DC Founders' Scholarship" applicants must be able to cite their Scottish descent and must submit a statement of their plans and goals. Other criteria applied…Show More
The INCIGHT Scholarship is funded by INCIGHT, an organization that unlocks the potential of individuals with disabilities through employment, education, and independence. Every year, their INCIGHT Scholarship awards $500 to…Show More
Nellie Martin Carman Scholarship
Are you a high school senior planning to major in a subject other than music or art at a university in Washington state? If so, consider applying for the Nellie…Show More
Cathay Bank Foundation Scholarship Program
Are you a high school senior residing in California, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Texas, or Washington state? Further, are you planning on attending a college in…Show More
Creativity Takes Courage Scholarship for Art Students
The Les Dames d'Escoffier International, Colorado Chapter Scholarship is a fantastic opportunity for female students in food-related fields (such as culinary, food science, dietetics, nutrition, beverage and fermentation, hospitality and…Show More
Emmett Comer Scholarship
The Emmett Comer Scholarship is funded by the Washington Homeschool Organization (WHO), a non-profit membership association dedicated to supporting home-based instruction and the homeschool community within Washington state. Each year,…Show More
American Indian Endowed Scholarship
Are you a Washington state resident with social and/or cultural ties to the state’s American Indian community? The American Indian Endowed Scholarship may be a great opportunity for you. The…Show More
Washington State Baccalaureate Scholarship
Are you a Washington state resident looking to major in STEM or a healthcare field? You might consider applying for the Washington State Baccalaureate scholarship! Each year, the scholarship grants…Show More
Team DC Student-Athlete Scholarship
Are you a LGBTQ+ high school student-athlete in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area? The Team DC Student-Athlete Scholarship may be a good fit for you! Each year, Team DC offers…Show More
Governors’ Scholarship for Foster Youth Program
The Governors' Scholarship for Foster Youth Program is open to those who have been placed in Foster Care, Guardianship or Dependency Guardianship by a Washington state court order. Applicants can…Show More
Pride Foundation Scholarship
Are you an LGBTQ+ student looking for a generous scholarship opportunity? Further, are you a current or former resident of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, or Washington? If so, consider applying…Show More
Additional Washington Scholarships
Whether from Washington or not, keep on reading to learn more about the top scholarships offered there!
Washington Indian Gaming Association College Scholarship
- Eligibility: Students who are enrolled members of the Washington Indian Gaming Association and Indian students in Washington State
- Amount: Up to $60,000
- Deadline: March 31, 2021
Martin Achievement Scholarship
- Eligibility: Students planning on transferring to UW-Seattle who’ve demonstrated special ability in art, humanities, music, science, and/or leadership at one of the community colleges in the Puget Sound region
- Amount: $5,000 in the second-year at community college or up to $12,000 per year for three years
- Deadline: April 9, 2021
WWIN Star Scholarship
- Eligibility: Female residents of Washington working towards a degree at a Washington College Grant-approved university with a GPA of 2.50 or above
- Amount: Up to $5,000 per academic year
- Deadline: April 10, 2021
Celebrate the West High School Art Competition
- Eligibility: High school-age students in select western states who submit an original two-dimensional art piece informed by their experience living in the West
- Amount: $200 to $1,500
- Deadline: April 30
Washington Thoroughbred Foundation Scholarship
- Eligibility: Washington residents or students attending a Washington school planning to pursue a career in any equine-related field. GPA of at least 2.85, and financial independence or household income of less than $75,000
- Amount: Up to $5,000
- Deadline: May 1, 2021
WSADA Bright Future Scholarship
- Eligibility: Currently enrolled or enrolling in automotive-related programs in Washington State. High school seniors employed (or the immediate family of an employee) at a WSADA-member dealership may also apply
- Amount: $3,000
- Deadline: May 7, 2021
Washington State Opportunity Scholarship
- Eligibility: STEM and healthcare majors with financial need
- Amount: $1,500 each quarter for the duration of an associate degree, certificate, or apprenticeship program
- Deadline: Varies
Summary of Washington scholarships
- Washington Indian Gaming Association College Scholarship
- Martin Achievement Scholarship
- WWIN Star Scholarship
- Celebrate the West High School Art Competition
- Washington Thoroughbred Foundation Scholarship
- WSADA Bright Future Scholarship
- Washington State Opportunity Scholarship
Resources for Washington State students
On October 1st of every year, the FAFSA opens. In Washington State, students should apply as soon as possible for the best financial assistance. If applying for the PROMISE Scholarship, the FAFSA deadline is March 1 of each year.
Washington College Promise Scholarship
The Washington College Promise Program offers scholarships to 65 public and independent colleges and universities in the Evergreen State. The scholarship allows students with need to graduate with the least amount of debt while pursuing their college degree. As mentioned above, you must apply for the FAFSA by March 1st of each year for consideration.