We can’t believe that it is already October. The tenth month of the year means that school is in full swing and we are officially in fall! October is also a month with lots of great scholarships!
Whether you are a high school senior who is in the thick of the admissions process or a current college student in the middle of your semester, you should take some time out of your week to apply for these awesome October scholarships! Keep on reading to learn about the October scholarships, including deadlines, award amounts, and eligibility!
Jump ahead to:
- How to win October scholarships
- Tips for students in October
- Frequently asked questions about October scholarships
- Explore these other scholarships
One of the best ways to increase your chances of winning scholarships during October (or any month, for that matter) is to write a top-notch essay. Grades and test scores are important, of course, but essays are a crucial part of showing scholarship committees who you truly are and what you’re passionate about. A knockout essay will set you apart from the hundreds of other students applying for scholarships. Here are some resources to help you write the best essay possible:
- How to write a 250 word essay
- How to write a 500 word essay
- How to write an essay about yourself
- Overview of common scholarship essay prompts
- How to start a scholarship essay (with examples)
- How to write a winning scholarship essay
- How to end a scholarship essay
October is a busy time of the year, especially for high school seniors who have their sights set on college next year. Here are some tips to keep in mind this month:
Complete the FAFSA
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens on October 1 every year. This application is the single most important key to unlocking need-based financial aid for college, making it a crucial part of the admissions process. Check out our FAFSA 101 guide for tips on completing this important application. For college students who have already completed the FAFSA, don’t forget that you need to renew your FAFSA each year!
Complete your college applications
If you’re a high school senior, you’re likely waist deep in college applications right about now. We know this can be a stressful process, but fortunately we have many resources to help you rock your college applications! Check out the following guides to get started:
- 10 tips for successful college applications
- College Applications: What Looks Good?
- How to Answer the 2022-2023 Common App Essay Prompts
- How to complete Common App Activities Section
- How to complete the Common App Honors Section
- How to Respond to the Additional Information Section of the Common App
- College essay database
- How to ask for a letter of recommendation
Consider financial aid
As you’re applying to different colleges, it’s important to think about what type of financial aid you can expect to receive. Each school has its own financial aid policy, which means you’ll receive different financial aid packages at different colleges. To get a better understanding of how this works, check out the top 12 financial aid questions you should be considering.
What are the easiest scholarships to get?
How many scholarships should I apply for?
What is the best month to apply for scholarships?
- Top scholarships for high school seniors
- Top scholarships for college students
- Top fall scholarships
- Top scholarships for women
- Top scholarships for minority students
Join for exclusive scholarships, personalized matching, and application tracking. 0% Spam, 100% Free.