Top Christian Scholarships in November 2020
Faith and religion are an important part of many students’ lives. If you practice any denomination of Christianity, then you may qualify for Christian scholarships. While some of these scholarships may be specifically for students who want to study religion and theology in college, others are for students who identify as Christian.
Jump ahead to:
- Top Christian Scholarships in August 2020
- Tips for Christian students applying for scholarships
- Summary of top Christian scholarships
To learn more about these scholarship opportunities for Christians, including the deadlines, award amounts, and eligibility requirements, keep reading!
Top Christian Scholarships in 2020
- Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship, students must be a current high school freshman, sophomore, or junior interested in attending a Christian university or college.
- Amount: $2,500
- Deadline: May 31st
- Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship, students must be a current high school student interested in attending a Christian university or college.
- Amount: $1,000
- Deadline: October 31st
- Eligibility: Juniors or Seniors in college who are members of the Presbyterian Church and attending a college affiliated with the Presbyterian Church
- Amount: $2,000 to $7,500
- Deadline: June 1, September 1, and December 1
- Eligibility: Students who are members of the United Methodist Church
- Amount: Varies
- Deadline: Opens up January 1st
- Eligibility: High school seniors or college student who are active in their churches and permanent residents of Connecticut, New Jersey, or New York
- Amount: $1,000
- Deadline: Rolling through August 30th
Tips for Christian students applying for scholarships
- Don’t forget to think locally when searching for Christian scholarships! Your local church may offer specific scholarships for students like you who are involved in the church.
- If you are beginning your college search, you might want to consider a Christian college or university! Chances are, those colleges offer merit scholarships for students who are involved with their church community.
- For Christian students with demonstrated financial need, you should apply for financial aid with the FAFSA and if applicable, the CSS Profile.