If you’re passionate about agriculture and want to pursue a degree in this field, you should consider applying for agriculture scholarships. There are scholarships available for students who are studying agriculture-related fields, such as animal science, crop science, and agricultural economics. With the world population growing, there is an increasing demand for professionals who can help to feed the world sustainably, and agriculture scholarships can help you to get the education you need to make a difference.
Keep on reading to learn more about our verified scholarship opportunities for agriculture majors.
Agriculture scholarship resources
There are a number of professional organizations that support students interested in a major and career in agriculture! Here are a few organizations that you should check out as your navigate your scholarship search:
1. National FFA Organization: The National FFA Organization offers a variety of scholarships for students pursuing careers in agriculture, including scholarships for students studying animal science, plant science, and agricultural education.
2. American Farm Bureau Federation: The American Farm Bureau Federation offers scholarships for students pursuing careers in agriculture, including scholarships for students studying agricultural business, agricultural communications, and agricultural engineering.
3. National Association of Agricultural Educators: The National Association of Agricultural Educators offers scholarships for students pursuing careers in agricultural education, including scholarships for students studying agricultural education and agricultural communications.
4. National Pork Producers Council: The National Pork Producers Council offers scholarships for students pursuing careers in the pork industry, including scholarships for students studying animal science, veterinary medicine, and agricultural business.
How to win agriculture scholarships
If you’re passionate about agriculture, your scholarship application should reflect that! Start by brainstorming your experiences and accomplishments in the field. Here are some questions that you might ask:
- Have you worked on a farm?
- Have you conducted research in agricultural science?
- Have you volunteered at an agricultural organization?
Think about how these experiences have shaped your goals and aspirations. In your application, use concrete examples and stories to show how your passion for agriculture has influenced your academic journey. Also, highlight any specific courses or programs that you’re interested in and how they relate to your future career goals. Don’t be afraid to showcase your unique perspective and ideas for the future of agriculture!
You can also check out our guides on how to write a winning scholarship essay, how to write essays about yourself, and how to start a scholarship essay. In addition to those resources, we have a few more guides to help you ace each of your applications:
Additional scholarship lists to explore
- Top agribusiness scholarships
- Top writing and essay scholarships
- Top environmental scholarships
- Top geography scholarships
Frequently asked questions about agriculture scholarships
What jobs can you get with an agriculture major?
Is an agriculture major in demand?
What is the average salary for an agriculture major?
The average salary for an agriculture major can vary widely depending on the specific career path you pursue. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for agricultural and food scientists was $68,550 in May 2020, while the median annual wage for farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural managers was $73,860. However, some careers in agriculture, such as agricultural engineers or agricultural economists, may earn higher salaries.
Salaries also vary from university to university, so we recommend that students check out the College Scorecard to see the average salary for agriculture majors at any given university that offers the major.
Join for exclusive scholarships, personalized matching, and application tracking. 0% Spam, 100% Free.