Student-centric advice and objective recommendations
Higher education has never been more confusing or expensive. Our goal is to help you navigate the very big decisions related to higher ed with objective information and expert advice. Each piece of content on the site is original, based on extensive research, and reviewed by multiple editors, including a subject matter expert. This ensures that all of our content is up-to-date, useful, accurate, and thorough.
Our reviews and recommendations are based on extensive research, testing, and feedback. We may receive commission from links on our website, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when posted. You can find a complete list of our partners here.
Top 17 Wyoming Scholarships in June 2023
Wyoming is nicknamed “The Equality State,” and these scholarship opportunities are all equally exciting! Wyoming students are eligible for many scholarships, each with varying eligibility and areas of study. If you’re a Wyoming resident or plan to attend school there, continue reading to find the top scholarships!
Don’t miss: Scholarships360’s free, custom-matched scholarship search tool
Jump ahead to:
- Additional Wyoming scholarships
- Additional Wyoming scholarship resources
- Summary of Wyoming scholarships
- Upcoming Wyoming scholarships
- Keep reading
Top 10 Wyoming Scholarships in June 2023
The Scholarships360 Research Team reviews all scholarships individually and strives to exclude any scholarship where any of the below applies:
- The scholarship requires a fee to apply
- The scholarship requires paid membership in an organization (with certain exceptions for reputable trade organizations and others)
- Student are required to sign up for a site or service to apply*
- The scholarship seems primarily used for lead generation** or idea harvesting purposes***
- The scholarship website has many grammatical errors and/or advertisements
- The scholarship or scholarship providing organization seem untrustworthy
- There is no evidence the scholarship was previously awarded
- The scholarship has not been awarded in the past 12 months
- There is no available contact information
If you believe a scholarship has been published in error, please reach out to [email protected] and we’ll take a look!
* There are certain exceptions to this, for example if the sponsoring organization is a major corporation or nonprofit with its own scholarship application system.
** Lead generation scholarships will require students to sign up for an app or website and require minimal (if any) application requirements.
***Idea harvesting scholarships will require students to submit blog posts or other materials that companies may use for marketing purposes.
$10,000 “No Essay” Scholarship
The Scholarships360 $10,000 “No Essay” Scholarship is open to all students who want some extra help paying for their education. Whether you are a high school student who hopes to…Show More
$2,000 Nitro College Scholarship – No Essay
Easy scholarship from Nitro College open to all high school, college, community and graduate students.
Niche $15,000 No Essay Scholarship
Open to all high school and college students, as well as anyone looking to attend college or graduate school in the next year.
Foster Care to Success Continuing Education and Job Training Program
Are you in foster care or have received guardianship or adoption services from Casey Family Programs? If so, consider applying for the Continuing Education and Job Training Program! This program…Show More
Douvas Memorial Scholarship
Are you a first-generation American (you were born in the United States, but your parents were not)? Further, are you a Wyoming resident and high school senior between the ages…Show More
Livingston Family – H.J. King Memorial Scholarship
Livingston Family - H.J. King Memorial Scholarship applicants aged 22 years and older at the time of applying must be current members of a Wyoming County Farm Bureau Federation. Applicants…Show More
Wyoming Farm Bureau Federation Continuing Education Scholarships
Wyoming Farm Bureau Federation Continuing Education Scholarship applicants aged 22 years and older at the time of applying must be current members of a Wyoming County Farm Bureau Federation. Applicants…Show More
Wyoming Farm Bureau Continuing Education Scholarships
The Wyoming Farm Bureau Continuing Education Scholarships are open to current college students. Entering college freshman are not eligible to apply. Applicants must submit 3 letters of recommendation.
Dominion Energy Educational Equity Scholarship Program
Are you a racial or ethnic minority planning on enrolling in full-time post-secondary study? Then you might consider applying for the Dominion Energy Educational Equity Scholarship! Awarding between $5,000 and…Show More
ARRL Rocky Mountain Division Scholarship
The ARRL Rocky Mountain Division Scholarship is calling all active Amateur Radio License Class holders and students residing in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, or Wyoming! Applicants must be current undergraduate…Show More
Additional Wyoming scholarships
The Hawthorn Foundation Scholarships
- Eligibility: Wyoming residents who want to complete their high school, undergraduate, graduate or technical school educations. Check individual scholarships for more specific criteria
- Amount: Varies
- Applications for the fall semester are open from June 1 – July 31 of each year
- Eligibility: Every Wyoming middle and high school student is automatically eligible for the Hathaway Scholarship. Must be used at a WY School. There are 4 levels of awards, each with different eligibility requirements.
Honors – 3.5 GPA. 25 ACT
Performance – 3.0 GPA. 21 ACT
Opportunity – 2.5 GPA. 19 ACT.
Provisional – 2.5 GPA. 17 ACT.
- Amount: Honors – $1,680
Performance – $1,260
Opportunity – $840
Provisional – $840
- Deadline: Automatically awarded by college
Additional Wyoming scholarship resources
Wyoming Community Foundation
The Wyoming Community Foundation provides a variety of scholarships, many are specific to certain Wyoming counties, schools, and areas of study. The Foundation also hosts webinars to help students have a strong scholarship application.
The Hathaway Scholarship
The Hathaway Scholarship is offered by the state of Wyoming to all Wyoming middle and high school students who meet the GPA, ACT, and course requirements. Learn more about the Hathaway Scholarship.
University of Wyoming scholarships
There are many scholarships for students at the University of Wyoming. Most are specific to certain areas of study and eligibility. Browse here.
Western Wyoming Community College scholarships
View Additional Western Wyoming Community College scholarships. Many are specific to certain areas of study and eligibility.
Celebrate the West High School Art Competition
Celebrate the West is an art competition for high schoolers with a monetary award. The panel of art experts select one finalist from each state and territory. State Winners will receive $200 and compete for First ($1,500), Second ($750), and Third Place ($500) Awards at the regional level.
On October 1st of every year, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens nationwide. Wyoming students should complete the FAFSA to be eligible for federal student aid as well as some scholarships.
Summary of Wyoming Scholarships
- Kenneth and Carrie Carns Nursing Scholarship
- Path-Away Scholarship
- Troy Yost Memorial Scholarship
- Walter Urbigkit Memorial Scholarship
- Wyoming Daughters of the American Revolution
- University of Wyoming Adult Student Scholarship
- University of Wyoming Alumni Association Scholarship
- Western Wyoming Community College Superior Student Scholarship
- Hathaway Scholarship
Douvas Memorial Scholarship
- Eligibility: Open to first-generation American high school seniors from Wyoming who exhibit need and motivation to go to college and do so in Wyoming.
- Amount: $500
Kenneth and Carrie Carns Nursing Scholarship
- Eligibility: Nursing students at Wyoming schools who are Wyoming residents. Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Amount: $3,000 for study towards an Associate’s degree. $5,000 for study towards a Bachelor’s degree.
- Eligibility: Graduating high school seniors from an Albany County high school who are planning to attend a school outside of Wyoming. There are 3 levels of awards, each with different eligibility requirements.
Honors – 3.5 GPA. 25 ACT.
Performance – 3.0 GPA. 21 ACT.
Opportunity – 2.5 GPA. 19 ACT.
- Amount: Honors – $5,000
Performance – $3,230
Opportunity – $2,210
Troy Yost Memorial Scholarship
- Eligibility: Graduates of any Wyoming high school attending the University of Wyoming or in-state junior and community colleges. GED recipients are not eligible. Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Art must be an important facet of the applicant’s life.
- Amount: $1,000
University of Wyoming Adult Student Scholarship
- Eligibility: Scholarship for adult students age 25 and over. The recipient must have attended at least one semester at University of Wyoming and be a student in good standing. Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA. Either full or part-time (minimum 6 credit hours) students may apply.
- Amount: Varies
University of Wyoming Alumni Association Scholarship
- Eligibility: Juniors and Seniors at University of Wyoming. Must have at least one parent or guardian who is a paid active member of the University of Wyoming Alumni Association (UWAA). Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Amount: $2,000. Awardee will also receive a life membership to the UWAA, a $600 value.
Walter Urbigkit Memorial Scholarship
- Eligibility: Residents of Wyoming who are planning to study a field related to aviation. Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Graduates from schools in Fremont and Hot Springs Counties receive preference.
- Amount: $2,000
Western Wyoming Community College Superior Student Scholarship
- Eligibility: Incoming first-years at Western Wyoming Community College who haven’t attended any other institutions after graduation. Must have a minimum 27 Composite ACT score and a 3.75 cumulative high school GPA. Applicants must be current high school seniors and submit a sixth or seventh semester high school transcript, ACT score, apply for WWCC admission, submit a personal letter, and submit 3 letters of recommendation.
- Amount: $4,500
Wyoming Daughters of the American Revolution
- Eligibility: Female Wyoming residents of at least ⅛ American Indian descent. Must have a minimum 2.0 GPA. Must be demonstrating success in higher education.
- Amount: $3,000