Top Alabama Scholarships in 2021
If you are a high school student or current college or graduate student in the state of Alabama, you are probably looking for scholarships to help pay for or fully fund your education. Luckily, there are a number of great scholarships for Alabama students that you can apply for.
Jump ahead to:
- Top Alabama Scholarships
- Merit Scholarships at Top Alabama Colleges
- Other Resources for Alabama Students
- Summary of Scholarships at Alabama Colleges
Below, we profile a number top Alabama scholarships as well as colleges and universities that offer generous merit scholarship opportunities for both in-state and out-of-state students.
Top Alabama scholarships
- Eligibility: Alabama residents with demonstrated financial need who are attending one of the 80 Alabama institutions who are part of ASAP. Students must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Amount: Ranges from $300 to $5,000 per academic year
- Deadline: Varies based on college
- Eligibility: CAC Foundation offers a variety of scholarships to students in high school and college who reside in the following counties: Montgomery, Lowndes, Macon, Pike, Cullman, Elmore, Coffee, Dale, Geneva, Henry, and Houston Counties.
- Amount: Varies
- Deadline: Varies
- Eligibility: High school seniors or first-time college freshman who are Alabama residents planning on enrolling in an Alabama eligible educational institution.
- Amount: $2,000 for community college recipients and $4,000 for four year college recipients.
- Deadline: February 25, 2021
- Eligibility: Open to Alabama women seeking to attend four year Alabama colleges and universities. Students can be high school seniors, college freshman, college sophomores, or college juniors.
- Amount: $7,000 per year for four years (or until graduation)
- Deadline: January 10, 2021
Merit scholarships at Alabama colleges
- Eligibility: Applicants are accessed on academic achievement, including GPA, academic rigor, ACT or SAT test score reports, AP or IB test score reports, graded writing assignments
- Amount: Varies up to full cost of attending
- Deadline: December 1
- Eligibility: Samford offers academic merit scholarships to incoming freshman and transfer student
- Amount: $1,000 to $15,000 per year (some scholarships can be combined)
- Deadline: December 1/February 15th depending on scholarship
- Eligibility: Students are automatically considered for scholarships depending on SATs and high school GPA
- Amount: $5,000 up to full tuition, room/board, fees, and $800 for books
- Deadline: January 15
University of Alabama (Birmingham)
- Eligibility: Merit-based according to ACT/SAT and GPA
- Amount: $3,000 to full tuition, fees, one-year of housing, and living stipend
- Deadline: February 1 is the priority deadline for in-state students. and May 1 for out-of-state students. After those dates, applicants will be considered on a funds-available basis
University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa)
- Eligibility: Applicants are automatically considered for merit based scholarships based on test scores and high school transcripts
- Amount: Varies (up to full tuition + additional $2,500)
- Deadline: January 15
Other resources for students in Alabama
The Student Financial Assistance section here is a useful resource for degree seekers who want to learn about financial aid resources, grants, and military benefits to name a few.
AVL provides ad-free, safe, and reliable information from databases for all Alabama residents 24/7 free of charge. What an amazing resource, and a model for all other states. Bookmark this one!