Top Alabama Scholarships
These scholarships are for students who are attending high school, college, or graduate school in Alabama!
If you are a high school student or current college or graduate student in the state of Alabama, you are probably looking for scholarships to pay for your education! Luckily, there are a number of great scholarships for Alabama students that you can apply for! Below, we will profile a number of the top Alabama scholarships, as well as colleges and universities that offer generous scholarship opportunities for students!
Here are the Alabama scholarships for students:
- Eligibility: Alabama residents with demonstrated financial aid who are attending one of the 80 Alabama institutions who are part of ASAP. Students must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Deadline: Varies based on college
- Amount: Range from $300 to $5,000 per academic year
- Eligibility: Students must be attending a college participating in the Alabama Student Grant program (you can find the list of colleges here).
- Deadline: September 20th
- Amount: Funds vary from year-to-year, but can’t exceed $1,200 per year
- Eligibility: CAC Foundation offers a variety of scholarships to students in high school and college who reside in the following counties: Montgomery, Lowndes, Macon, Pike, Cullman, Elmore, Coffee, Dale, Geneva, Henry, and Houston Counties.
- Deadline: Varies
- Amount: Varies
- Eligibility: High school seniors or first-time college freshman who are Alabama residents planning on enrolling in an Alabama eligible educational institution.
- Deadline: February 27th
- Amount: $2,000 for community college recipients and $4,000 for four year college recipients.
- Eligibility: Open to Alabama women seeking to attend four year Alabama colleges and universities. Students can be high school seniors, college freshman, college sophomores, or college juniors.
- Deadline: December 31st
- Amount: $7,000 per year for four years (or until graduation)
Here are some of the top Alabama colleges and universities that offer scholarships:
- Alabama offers a wide range of merit programs available to students both in-state and out
- Offers the National Scholars Presidential Scholarship to National Merit Finalists and National Achievement Finalists
- This program awards full-tuition scholarships to students both in-state and out-of-state, along with several other perks (including a $1,000 technology stipend)
- Samford offers academic merit scholarships to incoming freshman and transfer students ranging from $1,000 to $15,000 per year.
- Samford also offers talent scholarships to students in a range of fields including theater, journalism, art, and music!