Student-centric advice and objective recommendations
Higher education has never been more confusing or expensive. Our goal is to help you navigate the very big decisions related to higher ed with objective information and expert advice. Each piece of content on the site is original, based on extensive research, and reviewed by multiple editors, including a subject matter expert. This ensures that all of our content is up-to-date, useful, accurate, and thorough.
Our reviews and recommendations are based on extensive research, testing, and feedback. We may receive commission from links on our website, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when posted. You can find a complete list of our partners here.
Top Utah Scholarships
The state symbol of Utah is a beehive, which symbolizes thrift, industry, and hard work. It’s no wonder you’re looking for ways to help fund your higher education! There are a variety of scholarships available to students who reside and attend school in Utah. Continue reading to learn more about the top Utah scholarships!
Jump ahead to:
Top Utah scholarships
- Eligibility: Students between the ages of 15-17 currently attending high school and currently enrolled in a driver’s education program either in the private sector or in Utah’s public high schools
- Amount: $1,500 – $6,500
- Deadline: April 18, 2022
- Eligibility: Students entering college or currently in college full-time–both graduate and undergraduate level. Must have a 2.0+ GPA for undergraduate work, or 3.0+ GPA graduate work, and plan to enroll in a field of study related to the multi-service utility industry (e.g. business, management, administration, accounting, engineering [electrical, civil, or environmental], environment, or information technology)
- Amount: $2,000
- Deadline: April 29, 2022
- Eligibility: Members of American First Credit Union who play an active role in giving back to the community, whether through volunteering or other meaningful contributions of time, effort, and care
- Amount: $1,000
- Deadline: April 30, 2022
- Eligibility: High school-age students in select western states who submit an original two-dimensional art piece informed by their experience living in the West
- Amount: $200 to $1,500
- Deadline: April 30
- Eligibility: Students enrolled full-time in higher education who maintain at least 2.0 GPA. Must participate in the Equality Utah Membership Program while receiving funds, and preference given to LGBTQ students (however, financial need and future career aspirations have greater weight)
- Amount: Varies
- Deadline: May 1, 2022
- Eligibility: Students of Korean heritage (i.e., have a Korean parent, grandparent, or great-grandparent, or be adopted from Korea) who are full-time students at a school in one of the designated Western region states (Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, and Washington). Must have a 3.0+ GPA and demonstrate a need for financial assistance
- Amount: Varies
- Deadline: June 30, 2022
- Eligibility: Students currently enrolled in accredited university, college, trade, or vocational schools who are pursuing construction-related careers. Applicants must have earned (or be in the process of earning) a high school diploma or GED
- Amount: $2,000
- Deadline: July 1 and November 15
- Eligibility: Utah students with financial need attending Utah public colleges, universities, and technical colleges
- Amount: The Utah Promise Scholarship will cover up to total tuition and fees for up to two years
- Deadline: Ask your institution for more information
- Eligibility: Utah high school graduates with a 3.3+ GPA who completed 3 advanced courses, (AP, IB, CE) in each of the core areas of high school: math, science, and language arts. Applicants must complete the FAFSA for eligibility. See application website above for Utah institutions who offer this scholarship
- Amount: Awards will be determined based on available funding and the number of qualified applicants
- Opens: November 15, 2022
- Eligibility: Utah residents and high school seniors planning to attend one of 14 qualifying Utah technical colleges
- Amount: Varies based on institution; $500 – full tuition
- Opens: November 1, 2022
Additional Utah scholarship resources
The Utah System of Higher Education highlights additional scholarships for veterans, exchange students, and first-generation students pursuing a career in teaching.
This scholarship competition is designed to recognize students who can demonstrate a solid understanding of financial literacy concepts and are pursuing a post-secondary education either at a university, college, trade school or similar institution of higher learning. Must make an account to see more information about this scholarship.
The Utah Department of Human Services Child and Family Services offers scholarships for students who have been in foster care.
On October 1st of every year, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens nationwide. Utah students should complete the FAFSA to be eligible for federal student aid as well as some scholarships.