Student-centric advice and objective recommendations
Higher education has never been more confusing or expensive. Our goal is to help you navigate the very big decisions related to higher ed with objective information and expert advice. Each piece of content on the site is original, based on extensive research, and reviewed by multiple editors, including a subject matter expert. This ensures that all of our content is up-to-date, useful, accurate, and thorough.
Our reviews and recommendations are based on extensive research, testing, and feedback. We may receive commission from links on our website, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when posted. You can find a complete list of our partners here.
Top South Carolina Scholarships in 2021
Are you a high school or college student in the state of South Carolina? If so, you can pay for your college education with some of the amazing South Carolina scholarships that are available. These awards including college-specific scholarships at SC universities, as well as opportunities from private organizations.
Jump ahead to:
- Top South Carolina Scholarships
- Scholarships at South Carolina Colleges & Universities
- Other Resources for Students
- Summary of Top Scholarships at South Carolina Colleges
Keep on reading to learn all about the top Arkansas scholarships, including award amounts, eligibility requirements, and deadlines.
Top South Carolina scholarships
- Eligibility: Female students age 25 or older at the time of the application deadline. Applicants may be married or single, but they must be the primary caregiver of a K-12 child
- Amount: Varies (scholarships are renewable if recipients meet requirements of selection criteria)
- Deadline: March 12, 2021
- Eligibility: High-achieving high school seniors living in rural areas of the US who have demonstrated financial need
- Amount: $48,000
- Deadline: December 1, 2021 (opens September 1)
- Eligibility: Scholarship is open to S.C. resident students planning to attend a South Carolina college/university with a major area of study in wildlife, fisheries, forestry, biology, zoology, marine science, environmental science, law enforcement, forensic science, or related fields
- Amount: One time awards of $2,000 to$2,000, as well as $2,000 to 5,000 per year of undergraduate study
- Deadline: February 26, 2021
- Eligibility: High school seniors and college students who submit an essay about an African American they admire
- Amount: $3,500 and $5,000
- Deadline: March 31, 2021
- Eligibility: Scholarships are open to high school seniors
- Amount: $1,500
- Deadline: November 21, 2021
- Eligibility: Open to South Carolina high school seniors who plan to study teacher education
- Amount: $6,000 per year
- Deadline: December 1 of each year
South Carolina colleges & universities
In the list below, we share a variety of college specific scholarships open to first-year undergraduate students. South Carolina has a broad selection of both public and private colleges and universities, including the publicly funded military college, the Citadel. Whether you are Palmetto State born and bred, or considering South Carolina to further your education, the following list is a great place to start!
- Eligibility: All incoming first-year cadets are automatically considered for merit scholarships based on their standard application for admission
- Amount: $2,500 to $10,000
- Deadline: Rolling
- Eligibility: Academic recruiting scholarships are awarded to entering first year freshmen on the basis of their admissions applications
- Amount: $7500 to $15000 annually, depending on the students approved test scores
- Deadline: December 1
- Eligibility: Based on academic merit or special talents
- Amount: Varies
- Deadline: February 15
- Eligibility: GPA, strength of curriculum, test scores (if submitted), essay, co-curricular activities
- Amount: $35,000 per year plus $5,000 in study abroad and internship funding
- Deadline: January 15
- Eligibility: A variety of scholarships are awarded based on academic performance, strength of curriculum, strength of high school, SAT/ACT scores, class rank, and leadership
- Amount: $5,000 to $23,000
- Deadline: February 1
- Eligibility: There are a number of scholarships for residents and non-residents. Some are based solely on scores/ranks, and others are based on strong academic records and leadership
- Amount: Up to $176,000 over four years!
- Deadline: October 15th for the most prestigious, generous scholarships
- Eligibility: Students must be nominated by their school counselors by October of their senior year. Students should be ranked in the top 10 percent of the class and have achieved a combined score of 1300 (Critical Reading and Math) on the SAT/PSAT or a 28 on the ACT/PLAN
- Amount: $60,000 and $250,000 over a four-year period
- Deadline: Apply Early Decision or Early Action and submit all application materials by the corresponding deadline (November 1 for ED and November 15 for EA)
Other resources for SC students
This is a “one-stop” shopping website of scholarships and grants for South Carolina residents. Bookmark this one!
The South Carolina Higher Education Tuition Grants Program provides need-based grant assistance to eligible full-time South Carolina students pursuing their first undergraduate degree.
The University of South Carolina system consists of eight universities. The USC system offers more than 450 degree programs on 19 campuses. This listing offers a nice snapshot of each.