Student-centric advice and objective recommendations
Higher education has never been more confusing or expensive. Our goal is to help you navigate the very big decisions related to higher ed with objective information and expert advice. Each piece of content on the site is original, based on extensive research, and reviewed by multiple editors, including a subject matter expert. This ensures that all of our content is up-to-date, useful, accurate, and thorough.
Our reviews and recommendations are based on extensive research, testing, and feedback. We may receive commission from links on our website, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when posted. You can find a complete list of our partners here.
ACT Test Dates for 2021-2022
Standardized tests, such as the ACT, are important parts of the scholarship application process for both college-specific merit scholarship and private scholarships. The first step to achieving a strong score on the ACT is by actually signing up for the ACT! We’ve collected all of the ACT test dates for you on this page.
Most test experts recommend that you finish your junior year of high school with at least one official testing under your belt. Remember, you can take either the ACT or the SAT–both are equally accepted by college admissions offices.
Related: SAT Test Dates
Jump ahead to the test dates for:
2021-2022 ACT Test Dates
Students can register for any of the 2020-2021 ACT Test dates on the ACT website.
September Test Date
- September 11, 2021
- Registration Deadline: August 6
- Registration Deadline with late fee: August 20
October Test Date
- October 23, 2021
- Registration Deadline: September 17
- Registration Deadline with late fee: October 1
December Test Date
- December 11, 2021
- Registration Deadline: November 5
- Registration Deadline with late fee: November 19
February Test Date
- February 12, 2022
- Registration Deadline: January 7
- Registration Deadline with late fee: January 21
April Test Date
- April 2, 2022
- Registration Deadline: February 25
- Registration Deadline with late fee: March 11
June Test Date
- June 11, 2022
- Registration Deadline: May 6
- Registration Deadline with late fee: May 20
July Test Date
- July 16, 2022
- Registration Deadline: June 17
- Registration Deadline with late fee: June 24
More resources for students
If you are preparing to take the ACT, there is a lot of work to be done. Our guides can help you to choose the best tutor, and decide which test to prioritize. Once you’ve got your standardized tests under your belt, don’t forget to search for scholarships to reduce the cost of college. And check out our guide for choosing a college to find the right match for you!