As the snow falls and temperatures drop, these winter scholarships offer a chance to warm up your educational aspirations and alleviate the financial burden of college. Winter vacation is a great time to be with family, and it also gives you a break from academics that you can use to apply for scholarships.
In this article, we’ve gathered a list of winter-specific scholarships to help you navigate the chilling costs of higher education. These scholarships with winter deadlines are a great opportunity to secure some funding for your next degree.
Tips for students applying to winter scholarships
- Many scholarships require letters of recommendation from a teacher or professor. Be sure to ask for your letters as early as possible, especially because many educators get very busy around the holidays.
- Fine-tune your essays with our guides on how to write about yourself, how to write a 250 or 500 word essay, and how to show, not tell in your writing.
- Remember, there are countless great scholarships open all year round! Check out our other scholarship pages for lists of opportunities by major, background, year, and more.
- Don’t use same essay for all your applications. Even if two different scholarship applications ask the same prompt, you can improve your chances of winning by tailoring your essay to the scholarship. Try looking up the organization’s mission and values. You can emphasize these values in your application to help stand out from the crowd.
- Sign up for a free Scholarships360 account to get tailored scholarship matches sent to you year-round!
Frequently asked questions
Is winter too late to apply for scholarships?
Additional scholarship lists to explore
- Scholarships for high school seniors
- Easy scholarships to apply for
- Scholarships for Black students
- Scholarships for women
- Scholarships by state
- Top December scholarships
- Top January scholarships
- Top February scholarships
Join for exclusive scholarships, personalized matching, and application tracking. 0% Spam, 100% Free.