Top Video Scholarships in 2021
There are scholarships out there that want you to express yourself via video. If you enjoy making videos to communicate a message, you may as well do so and earn a scholarship while you’re at it! So if you want to showcase your video work in order to gain financial help with school, then these video scholarships are for you.
Jump ahead to:
Check out our list of top video scholarships and start filming today! And if you are a prospective or current film student, you won’t want to miss our list of top film scholarships.
Top video scholarships in 2021
- Eligibility: All students in any field of study are eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Amount: $1,000
- Deadline: June 1, 2021
- Eligibility: High school students who have an interest in expressing themselves creatively through illustrations, photos, short videos, sculptures, music, and more
- Amount: $500
- Deadline: July 19, 2021
- Eligibility: High school and undergraduate students who draw, paint, sculpt, dance, act, sing, rap, play an instrument, film/photograph, produce music/films, write, etc.
- Amount: $500
- Deadline: July 1, 2021
- Eligibility: Full time African-American or Black students pursuing a degree in visual arts
- Amount: $3,000
- Deadline: May 7, 2021
- Eligibility: High school seniors and college students planning to enroll or already enrolled in a college or vocational school
- Amount: $2,000
- Deadline: May 30, 2021
- Eligibility: High school seniors or college students that are of at least 25% Asian or Pacific Islander descent
- Amount: $1500
- Deadline: June 30, 2021
- Eligibility: High school students who have overcome adversity, demonstrated academic excellence, and given back to their communities. Applicants must be current high school students in Ohio, New York, California, Texas, Minnesota, or Washington, D.C.
- Amount: Varies depending on the state
- Deadline: Varies by state
- Eligibility: Open to both college and high school students who are no more than 25 years of age.
- Amount: $1,000
- Deadline: January 9, 2022
Summary of scholarships
- $1,000 A Sani Life Scholarship
- $500 Mirajur Rahman Self Expression Scholarship
- $500 Ocho Cares Artistry Scholarship
- CBC Spouses Visual Arts Scholarship
- FMAA Scholarship Program
- Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarship
- Beat the Odds Program
- One Young Earth Filmmakers Contest
- Eligibility: Students at every level of artistic study, including music, art (digital or print), film/tv, video, photography, and more
- Amount: $890
- Eligibility: rising high school seniors who are interested in pursuing a career in journalism and who demonstrate qualities of “free spirit”.
- Amount: $1000
- Eligibility: High juniors and seniors residing in Alaska, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Washington, or Western Wyoming
- Amount: $5,000
- Eligibility: Students of all ages who use their imagination to create a Google Doodle
- Amount: $30,000
- Eligibility: Qualified entrants who submit essays or videos about how the death of a parent impacted their lives.
- Amount: $15,000
- Eligibility: Students around the world who use kindness, creativity, and collaboration to help solve real-life problems and make a difference
- Amount: $10,000
- Eligibility: High school juniors/seniors or undergraduate college students
- Amount: Varies
- Eligibility: Middle-High School Students willing to create a 5-6 minute video documentary.
- Amount: Varies up to $5,000