While some high school students go back to school in August, many students begin their school year in September. The month of September is a busy one as students get acclimated to new classes, potentially playing fall sports, and get back into their clubs.
If you are a high school senior, September is even more busy with lots of admissions-related tasks. Most senior students will begin to work on their essays, applications, and start finalizing their college list. September is also an excellent time to get back into the habit of applying for scholarships! Whether you are in high school, college, or graduate school, there are a number of excellent opportunities available to you.
Jump ahead to…
- Top September scholarships
- How to win scholarships in September
- Tips for students in September
- Frequently asked questions about September scholarships
- Other scholarship lists to explore
Many scholarships require students to submit an essay, and September scholarships are no exception! Writing a knockout essay is one of the best ways to boost your chances of winning scholarships. Application readers commonly go through hundreds or even thousands of submissions, so it’s important to craft a compelling essay that effectively demonstrates who you are, what you’re passionate about, and what you aim to achieve with your scholarship.
Fortunately, we have plenty of resources to help guide you through the essay-writing process!
- How to start a scholarship essay (with examples)
- How to end a scholarship essay
- How to write a 250 word essay
- How to write a 500 word essay
- How to write an essay about yourself
- Overview of common scholarship essay prompts
- How to write a winning scholarship essay
Tips for students in September
- Most college students start classes in late August or the start of September, so make sure that you are all ready to roll by then! Purchase or rent your books and other required materials before the first day of the semester. If anything is unclear, reach out to your professors for clarification.
- Financial success starts by developing positive habits early on. All college students will benefit by reading these tips on budgeting, saving money, and building credit.
Rising high school seniors
- The first semester of senior year in high school is extremely busy. Classes, sports clubs, college applications, and other activities will pack your schedule. Make sure that you manage your time well, and don’t forget to take care of yourself. Healthy meals, restful sleep, and asking for help when you need it works!
- Make sure that you have a solid draft of your personal statement, as well as a completed Common App or Coalition Application. Here are some tips on rocking your scholarship applications and essays!
What is the best month to apply for scholarships?
Although scholarships are offered on a year-round basis, you’ll typically see the highest amount of scholarship opportunities from September through January. This is when a lot of scholarships open their application periods and accept submissions from students. As such, September is an excellent time to apply for scholarships! To get started, check out our free scholarship search tool.
What is the #1 way to increase your chances for a scholarship?
As we mentioned earlier, writing a stellar essay is one of the best ways to increase your chances of winning a scholarship. That being said, every piece of your application needs to be carefully considered. To learn more, check out these 10 tips on how to rock scholarship (and college) applications!
What is the easiest scholarship to get?
While some scholarships require essays and extensive applications, others are relatively straightforward and easy to apply for. Some may just take a couple of clicks! Take a look out our list of the top easy scholarships to start exploring.
- Top fall scholarships
- Top scholarships for high school seniors
- Top scholarships for women
- Top STEM scholarships
- Top scholarships for college students
Join for exclusive scholarships, personalized matching, and application tracking. 0% Spam, 100% Free.