Student-centric advice and objective recommendations
Higher education has never been more confusing or expensive. Our goal is to help you navigate the very big decisions related to higher ed with objective information and expert advice. Each piece of content on the site is original, based on extensive research, and reviewed by multiple editors, including a subject matter expert. This ensures that all of our content is up-to-date, useful, accurate, and thorough.
Our reviews and recommendations are based on extensive research, testing, and feedback. We may receive commission from links on our website, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when posted. You can find a complete list of our partners here.
Top 100 September Scholarships in 2023
While some high school students go back to school in August, many students begin their school year in September. The month of September is a busy one as students get acclimated to new classes, potentially playing fall sports, and get back into their clubs.
If you are a high school senior, September is even more busy with lots of admissions-related tasks. Most senior students will begin to work on their essays, applications, and start finalizing their college list.
September is also an excellent time to get back into the habit of applying for scholarships! Whether you are in high school, college, or graduate school, there are a number of excellent opportunities available to you.
Keep on reading to learn more about our top September scholarships!
Jump ahead to…
- Top September scholarships
- How to win scholarships in September
- Tips for students in September
- Frequently asked questions about September scholarships
- Other scholarship lists to explore
Top 97 September Scholarships in 2023
The Scholarships360 Research Team reviews all scholarships individually and strives to exclude any scholarship where any of the below applies:
- The scholarship requires a fee to apply
- The scholarship requires paid membership in an organization (with certain exceptions for reputable trade organizations and others)
- Student are required to sign up for a site or service to apply*
- The scholarship seems primarily used for lead generation** or idea harvesting purposes***
- The scholarship website has many grammatical errors and/or advertisements
- The scholarship or scholarship providing organization seem untrustworthy
- There is no evidence the scholarship was previously awarded
- The scholarship has not been awarded in the past 12 months
- There is no available contact information
If you believe a scholarship has been published in error, please reach out to [email protected] and we’ll take a look!
* There are certain exceptions to this, for example if the sponsoring organization is a major corporation or nonprofit with its own scholarship application system.
** Lead generation scholarships will require students to sign up for an app or website and require minimal (if any) application requirements.
***Idea harvesting scholarships will require students to submit blog posts or other materials that companies may use for marketing purposes.
Gourmet Foods International Culinary Scholarship
Open to current and future students pursuing careers in culinary arts or food science.
Kate Szuberla Jauch Scholarship
The Kate Szuberla Jauch Scholarship is a tribute to a remarkable woman who left a lasting impact on the world. Kate was a compassionate and courageous educator who used her…
Cameron Impact Scholarship
Are you an academically excellent high school junior with demonstrated leadership, community service, and other extracurricular experiences? If so, consider applying for the Cameron Impact Scholarship! Each year, 10-15 full,…Show More
Questbridge National College Match Scholarship
Are you a low-income high school senior who has excelled academically, but feels that their dream colleges are financially out of reach? If so, we may have the perfect opportunity…Show More
The Gates Scholarship
Are you an academically excellent, minority, high school senior from a low-income household? If so, we may have a perfect opportunity for you: the Gates Scholarship! The scholarship is extremely…Show More
$10,000 “No Essay” Scholarship
The Scholarships360 $10,000 “No Essay” Scholarship is open to all students who want some extra help paying for their education. Whether you are a high school student who hopes to…Show More
$2,000 Nitro College Scholarship – No Essay
Easy scholarship from Nitro College open to all high school, college, community and graduate students.
Niche $15,000 No Essay Scholarship
Open to all high school and college students, as well as anyone looking to attend college or graduate school in the next year.
Lycoming County Medical Society Scholarship
Lycoming County Medical Society Scholarship applicants must be residents of Lycoming County in the state of Pennsylvania for at least 12 months prior to registering as a medical student. Applicants…Show More
Are you interested in studying abroad in the United Kingdom to receive a graduate degree? If so, consider applying for the Marshall Scholarship! The scholarship is open to US citizens…Show More
$2000 “Expand Your Horizons” No-Essay Scholarship
The $2000 "Expand Your Horizons" No-Essay Scholarship will be awarded to one (1) student or graduate who demonstrates a trailblazing spirit and passion for educational exploration to help them continue…Show More
General Mills Graduate Scholarship and Internship
The General Mills Graduate Scholarship and Internship will award an IFT candidate a paid internship in Research & Development/Packaging/Engineering for the upcoming summer. During your internship, you will interact with…Show More
Montgomery County Medical Society – William W. Lander, MD, Medical Student Scholarship
William W. Lander, MD, Medical Student Scholarship applicants must be residents of Montgomery County in the state of Pennsylvania at the time of high school graduation or for at least…Show More
Creative Biolabs Scholarship Program
The Creative Biolabs Scholarship Program is funded by Creative Biolabs, a preclinical drug discovery company dedicated to helping global researchers invent the solutions that will create a brighter future for…Show More
Blair County Medical Society Scholarship
Blair County Medical Society Scholarship applicants must be Blair County residents in the state of Pennsylvania for at least 12 months prior to registering as a medical student (not including…Show More
Don’t Text and Drive Scholarship
Are you a high school, undergraduate, or graduate student that understands the danger of texting and driving? Write a compelling, 140-character statement about why you pledge not to text and…Show More
Massachusetts Association for Occupational Therapy Karen Jacobs Scholarship
The Massachusetts Association for Occupational Therapy Karen Jacobs Scholarship will be awarded to a student enrolled in an accredited occupational therapy educational program at the professional degree level. Applicants must…Show More
Kappa Delta Phi Scholarship
The Kappa Delta Phi Scholarship is for a Post-Baccalaureate Degree. Priority is given to residents of AZ, CA, FL, IA, IN, KY, MO. Applicants must be currently enrolled at an…Show More
George J. Mitchell Scholarship
The George J. Mitchell Scholarship is funded by the US-Ireland Alliance, an organization that is dedicated to consolidating and strengthening existing relations between the United States and Ireland. Thus, each…Show More
Hispanic Health Professional Student Scholarship
Are you enrolled full-time in a Medical, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, Master of Public Health/Policy, or Physician Associate graduate program in the U.S.? If so, consider applying for the Hispanic Health…Show More
- 3 ...
How to win scholarships in September
Many scholarships require students to submit an essay, and September scholarships are no exception! Writing a knockout essay is one of the best ways to boost your chances of winning scholarships. Application readers commonly go through hundreds or even thousands of submissions, so it’s important to craft a compelling essay that effectively demonstrates who you are, what you’re passionate about, and what you aim to achieve with your scholarship.
Fortunately, we have plenty of resources to help guide you through the essay-writing process!
- How to start a scholarship essay (with examples)
- How to end a scholarship essay
- How to write a 250 word essay
- How to write a 500 word essay
- How to write an essay about yourself
- Overview of common scholarship essay prompts
- How to write a winning scholarship essay
Tips for students in September
- Most college students start classes in late August or the start of September, so make sure that you are all ready to roll by then! Purchase or rent your books and other required materials before the first day of the semester. If anything is unclear, reach out to your professors for clarification.
- Financial success starts by developing positive habits early on. All college students will benefit by reading these tips on budgeting, saving money, and building credit.
Rising high school seniors
- The first semester of senior year in high school is extremely busy. Classes, sports clubs, college applications, and other activities will pack your schedule. Make sure that you manage your time well, and don’t forget to take care of yourself. Healthy meals, restful sleep, and asking for help when you need it works!
- Make sure that you have a solid draft of your personal statement, as well as a completed Common App or Coalition Application. Here are some tips on rocking your scholarship applications and essays!
Frequently asked questions about September scholarships
What is the best month to apply for scholarships?
Although scholarships are offered on a year-round basis, you’ll typically see the highest amount of scholarship opportunities from September through January. This is when a lot of scholarships open their application periods and accept submissions from students. As such, September is an excellent time to apply for scholarships! To get started, check out our free scholarship search tool.
What is the #1 way to increase your chances for a scholarship?
As we mentioned earlier, writing a stellar essay is one of the best ways to increase your chances of winning a scholarship. That being said, every piece of your application needs to be carefully considered. To learn more, check out these 10 tips on how to rock scholarship (and college) applications!
What is the easiest scholarship to get?
While some scholarships require essays and extensive applications, others are relatively straightforward and easy to apply for. Some may just take a couple of clicks! Take a look out our list of the top easy scholarships to start exploring.