Best Scholarships for International Students
Are you a student from outside of the United States who wants to study in the US? If so, you are in good company! Each year, well over one million international students study in the United States. One of the most common questions that we get from these students at Scholarships360 is “where can I find scholarships?”. This can sometimes be tricky because many American scholarships are only for students in the US. We are excited to have this post dedicated to sharing the best scholarships for international students!
Private scholarships for international students
Is attending a college with a focus on the Christian faith important to you? If so, the Christian Connector Scholarship is open for students from the United States as well as any country outside of the United States! You can apply for their scholarship each month and also learn more about some of the top-notch Christian colleges and universities.
- Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship, students must be a current high school freshman, sophomore, or junior interested in attending a Christian university or college.
- Amount: $2,500
- Deadline: End of each month
College-specific merit scholarships for international students
However, if you are looking to receive some really generous merit aid you should check out these colleges and universities that offer merit scholarships for international students:
Note that we will be constantly adding to this list!
American University (Washington, D.C.)
- The American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
- The EGS Scholarship is full tuition, room, and board!
University of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- U Chicago offers a variety of scholarships for international students that vary in terms of dollar amount
Elon University (Elon, NC)
- International Scholar Award
- $3,000/ year
George Washington University (Washington, D.C.)
- GW offers the Presidential Academic Scholarship and the International Baccalaureate Scholarship
- These scholarships range in value.
Macalester College (St. Paul, MN)
- The Charles J. Turck Presidential Honor Scholarship
- Range from $12,500 to $15,000 per year