Women planning to pursue a career in any aspect of video game production are eligible for the WomenIn Scholarship. Many different career paths are eligible, including: art, animation, programming, engineering, game direction, game design, sound design, law, marketing, and business administration. The Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences Foundation (AIAS) and Intel partnered to create these scholarship opportunities to attract and support talented female students as gaming professionals.
Who is eligible to apply for the WomenIn Scholarship?
There are more detailed specifics on the WomenIn website, but general eligibility is as follows:
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student or a graduate student attending an accredited college or university during the 2020-21 academic school year
- 21 years or older by February 14, 2021
- Major: Any field
- 3.3 minimum GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Applicants do not need to be US citizens or permanent residents to apply
How do I apply for this scholarship?
Make sure that you carefully read the application requirements, since they are quite detailed. Also, upload everything in PDF format.
Here is a general idea of what is required:
- Two page (maximum) personal statement, including information about your studies and how you will benefit the game industry
- A statement addressing your service, leadership, character, and financial need
- Two current, signed letters of recommendation
- Proof of enrollment at an institute of higher education
- An academic transcript
That personal statement will take time to directly respond to the prompt, so start writing sooner than later. Likewise, give your recommenders plenty of time to write something that makes the real “you” come to life!
How much is the WomenIn Scholarship worth?
The usual scholarship amount is a not too shabby $2,500!
When is this scholarship application due?
Please submit all completed applications by May 31, 2020.
To take a look at last year’s winners, click here.
Best of luck to all who apply!