The Thurgood Marshall College Fund Scholarships help students who are in need of financial assistance for their studies. There are several scholarship opportunities available. These scholarships are for students who are interested or already attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU).
The specific scholarships within the TMCF are:
- Revature Spring Scholarship
- Riot Games Spring Scholarship
- Red Roof Inn HBCU Graduating Senior Fall Gap Scholarship
- Bottega Veneta Spring Scholarship
- CoBank Agriculture Spring Scholarship
- GCM Grosvenor Emergency Spring Scholarship
The process for applying is simple: Applicants complete their Student Profile one time and then have a streamlined process to submit specific application materials for each opportunity. Once you are signed up, you will be notified of all opportunities that you may be eligible to apply for. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
Who is eligible to apply for the Thurgood Marshall College Fund Scholarships?
To apply for a TMCF scholarship, students will need to submit an online application with all of the supporting documents. Complete applications include:
- Online Application
- Essay (Minimum 500 Words)
- Student Aid Report (FAFSA)
- Most Recent Transcript (Unofficial Accepted)
- Recommendation Letter (On school letterhead)
How much are these scholarships worth?
The award amounts depend on the scholarships, but in general range from $500 to $15,000! In 2019, $5,750,236 of funding enabled 1,153 students to stay in school!
The scholarships open twice a year, with the following timelines:
Fall Scholarships: January – February
Spring Scholarships: August – October
When is the application deadline?
The application deadline is 11:50EST on October 12, 2020 for the coming Spring Semester.
Still have questions? Click here for a handy list of FAQs.
Best of luck to all who apply!