The Shire 2017 ADHD Scholarship is named in memory of Mike Yasick, a Senior Executive at Shire whose vision made the Shire ADHD Scholarship Program possible. Mike was inspired by the “thousands of high school seniors, college students, and adults going on to higher education who are diagnosed with ADHD” and envisioned the Scholarship as a way “to recognize the brave individuals who work hard to overcome the challenges of this life-altering condition, and help them continue their educational pursuits.” Mike put patients at the center of his leadership philosophy, an approach that earned him numerous awards and distinguished his 22-year career in the pharmaceutical industry, including his nine years at Shire.
Find out all the details here.
Who is eligible to apply for the Shire 2017 ADHD Scholarship?
To be eligible for a National Scholarship or an Employee Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be accepted to or enrolled in a 2- or 4-year Undergraduate Program or a Graduate Program (of one or more years in length) at an accredited college, university, trade school, technical school, vocational school, or other “eligible educational institution,” located in the US (a “Qualifying Institution“). To see if your school is an accredited institution, click here.
- Be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia.
- At the time of application, each applicant must be diagnosed with ADHD and under the care of a licensed health care provider for ADHD, although no specific future or ongoing plan of management or treatment for applicant’s ADHD is required in order for applicant to be eligible to receive a Scholarship.
How much is the Shire 2017 ADHD Scholarship worth?
Each Scholarship Recipient receives a one-time, $2,000 Scholarship with one (1) year of ADHD coaching services. A total of fifty-five (55) Scholarships will be awarded!
When is the scholarship application due?
- Online applications: All online applications must be submitted by March 8, 2017, 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.
- Paper applications: All paper applications must be postmarked or faxed by March 8, 2017. Handwritten applications will NOT be accepted.
- Applications must either be submitted 100% online or 100% paper/hard copy. Mixed applications will NOT be accepted.
Best of luck to all applicants!!