U.S. Senator Joe Lieberman, serving 1989-2013, has established the Joe Lieberman Connecticut Scholarship Fund to assist outstanding high school seniors from Connecticut who plan to continue their education in college or vocational school programs. Generous donations to the fund support the renewable scholarships which are awarded for full-time study at an accredited institution of the student’s choice.
Who is eligible to apply to the Joe Lieberman Connecticut Scholarship Fund?
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be United States citizens or permanent legal residents.
- Be high school seniors who reside in Connecticut and attend public or private high schools or home school in Connecticut.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership potential and a record of community service.
How much is the scholarship worth?
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $1,500 award for undergraduate study. Up to five (5) awards will be granted each year. Awards may be renewed for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
What is the deadline to apply?
Interested students must complete the application and mail it in the same envelope with a current, complete transcript of grades (Grade reports are not acceptable) to Scholarship Management Services postmarked no later than April 1, 2015.
Best of luck to all applicants!