According their website, “Shell Oil Company offers $5,000 annual scholarships through the Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship program to under-represented students pursuing an undergraduate degree in a specific technical field of study at certain colleges. The scholarship can be used to pay for tuition and/or school expenses.”
Who is eligible to apply to the Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship?
- Be lawfully authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States without any form of sponsorship.
- Be enrolled full-time as a sophomore, junior, senior or fifth year as of the Fall 2016 semester. If you are not a full-time student (i.e. not taking a full course load or will be taking on a co-op opportunity), you will not be eligible for a scholarship that semester.
- You must be enrolled in one of the specified institutions (See list).
- Have a minimum 3.20 cumulative GPA (will not be rounded) on 4.0 scale, which must be maintained throughout your participation in the program.
- Major in one of the following disciplines: geology, geophysics or physics; chemical, civil, electrical, mechanical, petroleum, geological, or geophysical engineering.
- Be a member of at least one of the following under-represented minorities: Black (Not of Hispanic Origin), Hispanic/Latino, American Indian or Alaskan Native.
- Pass all components of the Shell application & assessment process including completion of either a face-to-face or telephone interview. (only applies to sophomore, junior, senior or fifth year applicants)
When in the application for the Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship due?
All phases of the application process MUST be completed and received by March 2, 2016, to be considered for the scholarship award.
How much is the Shell Incentive Fund Scholarship worth?
Shell Oil Company offers $5,000 annual scholarships that can be used to pay for tuition and/or school expenses.
Best of luck to all applicants!