The Horatio Alger Career & Technical Scholarship Program is especially for students pursuing career or technical training. These scholarships are awarded to students with demonstrated financial need. Students who have overcome adversity and obstacles are especially encouraged to apply. This is an amazing opportunity for hardworking students who plan on careers in technical fields.
Who is eligible to apply for the Horatio Alger Career & Technical Scholarships?
- Completed high school (or earned a high school equivalency credential such as a GED)
- Enrolled in an eligible technical program for the Fall of 2020
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a career or technical program (up to 2 years) at an accredited non-profit* post-secondary institution in the United States.
- Demonstrate critical financial need (must be eligible to receive the Federal Pell grant as determined by completion of the FAFSA)
- Demonstrate perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Under 30 years of age
- A United States citizen
*For a list of ineligible for profit schools, click here. If your school is on this list, you are not eligible to apply.
How much are these scholarships worth?
The selection committee awards 1,020 scholarships worth up to $2,500 each year! Scholarship checks are mailed directly to the college or technical school school of the winners. Each term that you are eligible for disbursement, your school will receive a check for $625. Scholarship funds may be used for tuition, fees, books, and supplies.
When are the applications for the Horatio Alger Career & Technical Scholarships due?
The application deadline is April 15, 2020 at 12:00 PM EDT (Noon). There will be another application period beginning June 15, 2020 for those not presently in high school.
For a handy list of FAQs about this scholarship, check out this page.
Still have questions about this scholarship? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free at 800-684-9040, Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:00 Eastern Time.
Best of luck to all who apply!