The Hagan Scholarship is a need-based merit scholarship designed to help students living in rural areas across our country graduate college debt-free. Hagan Scholars from 43 states currently attend 378 colleges and universities. Check and see if you are eligible according to the following criteria:
Who is eligible to apply for the Hagan Scholarship?
In order to be eligible for a Hagan Scholarship, students must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Attend an eligible public high school*
- Achieved a 3.75 GPA or higher
- Have scored at least a 24 on the ACT (Composite score) or 1150 on the SAT (Total score)
- Enroll in an eligible college or university following senior year of high school
- Work 240 hours in the 12 months prior to the start of each academic year of college
- Complete the FAFSA
- Have an EFC of less than $6,500
- Apply for eligible state and federal grants
- Not have been convicted of a felony
*Fewer than 100 students in the high school graduating class, or graduate from a larger public high school located in a county having fewer than 50,000 residents.
How much is this scholarship worth?
The scholarship provides up to $6,000 each semester for up to 8 consecutive semesters. In addition to the the academic funding each semester, students gave access to free workshops, Schwab Brokerage accounts, and study abroad opportunities. The intent is to provide recipients with a practical understanding of important life skills not typically taught as a part of the typical college curriculum.
If selected as a scholarship winner, recipients must attend a free mandatory workshop prior to the start of each academic year of college. The Hagan Scholarship Fund provides funding for travel and lodging costs.
When is the application deadline to apply for this Scholarship?
The application deadline is December 1, 2021.
Click here to read testimonials from former recipients.
Still have questions? Email [email protected] for answers.
Best of luck to all who apply!