Founded in 2012 by a family in Dallas, Texas, the Greater Than Gatsby company creates professional and high-quality Lightroom presets and Photoshop actions for photographers around the world. Their actions and presets have been downloaded over a half a million times! In order to give back and support aspiring photographers, the company offers the Greater Than Gatsby Annual Scholarship. Remember, though, this scholarship is open to many other mediums, so if you are creative, apply!
Who is eligible to apply for the Greater Than Gatsby Annual Scholarship?
The following criteria applies to all applicants:
- Recently accepted high-school student, undergraduate or graduate student from an accredited college/university in the United States
- Majoring in any type of art, communications, English, film, fine arts, journalism, multimedia, photography and visual arts
- Able to provide proof of your identity if you are chosen as the winner (qualified ID is a student id or driver’s license)
There are multiple components to this scholarship, including the submission of three of your best photos and a 500 word essay. The essay asks you to describe your interest in photography and why you feel passionate about it. Is photography is part of your chosen career, share about that relation. In addition to the photos, the essay will help the judges “see” who you are as a person. Therefore, make sure that you give yourself plenty of time to apply!
How much is the Greater Than Gatsby Annual Scholarship worth?
This scholarship is worth $10,000! The scholarship is paid in the form of a co-payable check sent to the winner’s school.
When is the Greater Than Gatsby Annual Scholarship application deadline?
- The deadline for submissions is May 1st of each year
- Winners are notified by email and also announced on the website on June 1st of each year
Best of luck to all applicants!
Looking for more scholarships like this?
Check out these related scholarship categories:
- May Scholarships
- Writing Scholarships
- Scholarships for High School Seniors
- Scholarships for High School Juniors
- Scholarships for High School Sophomores
- Scholarships for High School Freshman
- Scholarships for College Freshmen
- Scholarships for College Sophomores
- Scholarships for College Students