Just last year, the Gordon Rich Foundation provided $236,000 in college scholarships. Each Gordon A. Rich Memorial Scholarship is worth up to $50,000. These scholarships are awarded to bright, hardworking high school seniors who have demonstrated financial need. Applicants parents and/or legal guardians must have/had a career in the financial services industry, defined as banks, investment banks, securities brokerage firms, insurance companies, fund and asset management companies, credit card and finance companies and similar businesses.
Who is eligible to apply for the Gordon A. Rich Memorial Scholarship?
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be dependent children of full-time employees in the financial services industry (click here for the specific details).
- Graduating high school seniors who are enrolling as full time first year students in pursuit of a four-year bachelor’s degree at an accredited college/university located in the United States.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Rank in the top 20% of their class.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Must be a US citizen or legal resident.
How much is the Gordon A. Rich Memorial Scholarship worth?
The GAR Foundation awards up to seven scholarships worth $12,500 per year. As long as award winning students enroll full-time and are in good standing at their respective colleges, they are eligible to receive $12,500 for each of the remaining three years for a total of $50,000.
In addition to the above scholarship, all GAR scholars are eligible for a special award called the “Parkman Prize.” This $5,000.00 award, named after one of GAR’s most generous donors, is awarded to the scholar with the highest GPA in each academic year.
When is the Gordon A. Rich Memorial Scholarship due?
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is February 20th, 2020.
Have additional questions? Please email email@example.com or call Joyce Gross at 516-428-6350 for answers.
Best of luck to all who apply!