The Bezos Family Foundation awards 17 exceptional high school juniors and a supportive educator from their school with the opportunity to participate in the Bezos Scholars Program. All expenses for the Program are covered, including transportation, lodging, meals, and all passes for the Aspen Ideas Festival in Colorado. The only thing winners cover is transpiration to the airport. What an amazing opportunity for deserving students!
Who is eligible to apply to the Bezos Scholars Program?
Student Scholar applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled as juniors during the current academic and as seniors the following year
- U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or DACA status
- Demonstrate leadership in their school and community
- Have taken and received scores for at least one of the following tests: PSAT, SAT, ACT, or ACT Aspire
- Enrolled in, or have taken, one or more Advanced Placement (AP) classes, International Baccalaureate (IB) classes, or college-level courses
- Available to participate fully in the Aspen Ideas Festival trip in Aspen, Colorado from June 25 to July 1, 2021
What is value of the Bezos Scholars Program?
All Scholars receive an all-expenses-paid scholarship to attend the acclaimed Aspen Ideas Festival. The festival is located in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. Student and Educator Scholars alike participate in all that the festival has to offer. This includes the following:
- Sessions where notable speakers and guests discuss their work, issues, and ideas that inspire them.
- Small, roundtable discussions featuring some of the greatest minds of our time
- Virtual Bezos Scholars Program trainings
- Opportunities to apply for $1,000 seed grants to design and implement their ideas
When is the application due?
Complete applications are due at the Bezos Family Foundation by January 11, 2021. Late applications are not accepted.
For a handy list of FAQs, click here.
To meet previous Bezos Scholars, click here.
Contact email@example.com with additional questions.