NYU Scholarships & Financial Aid 2020-2021
New York University is one of the preeminent research institutions in the world and is located in New York, New York. Despite being one of the most expensive universities, NYU offers a number of scholarship opportunities for students. These NYU scholarships include both merit scholarships, as well as need-based scholarships for high school students.
Jump ahead to:
NYU Tuition & Cost
As NYU is a private school, the annual tuition will be the same for all students (regardless of whether they are residents of the state of New York or not).
You can find the most up-to-date information about the cost of NYU here. Note that the cost will vary depending on which college you are enrolled at within NYU.
NYU Merit Scholarships
As NYU is a highly selective school, the merit scholarship process at NYU is very competitive. In addition to academic merit scholarships, there are also number of scholarships that are focused on service, leadership, and other types of achievements.
Here are a few notable scholarships that we think you should check out:
- The NYU AnBryce Scholarships are aimed to support first-generation college students
- This merit scholarship covers up to the cost of full tuition
Lewis Rudin City Scholarships
- These scholarships are for students who attended public and parochial high schools in New York City
- Students should also be involved in academic and cultural activities in NYU
Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarships
- MLK Scholars have “demonstrated outstanding academic achievement, leadership, and commitment to the principles of community service, humanitarianism, and social progress.”
Many of the colleges at NYU, including the Stern School of Business, College of Arts & Science, and the Gallatin School of Individualized Study also offer scholarships to students who are applying to their respective colleges. You can check out all of the scholarships that NYU offers on their website.
NYU Financial Aid
NYU Financial Aid Codes
To apply for NYU financial aid, students must use the following school codes:
CSS Profile: 2785
Estimateing NYU Financial Aid
Prospective students can also check out the Net Price Calculator in order to estimate the need-based financial aid that they may expect to receive from NYU.
Questions about NYU Financial Aid
If you are a prospective or current NYU student and have questions about financial aid, you can reach out to NYU via phone or email:
- Phone: (212) 998-4444
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org