Top Leadership Scholarships in 2021
Involvement in your community, both at school and more broadly, looks great to colleges. This is especially true if you’ve performed any leadership role – colleges want people who are passionate about making a change. If you fit this description (at all – “leadership” is broader than you think!), keep on reading to learn about how you can fund your college journey with leadership scholarships!.
Jump ahead to:
Here is our list of some of the best leadership scholarships available now!
Top leadership scholarships in 2021
- Eligibility: Highschool sophomores, juniors, or seniors with a 3.5 GPA or higher
- Amount: $5,000
- Deadline: September 30, 2021 (11:59 pm EST)
- Eligibility: Citizens or residents of the U.S. or Puerto Rico who are high school seniors at the time of application. Applicants should plan on enrolling full-time in a university for Fall 2022
- Amount: Between $2,500 and $25,000
- Opens: October 1, 2021, but start getting ready now!
- Eligibility: Full-time high school seniors graduating in Spring/Summer of 2021 who plan on enrolling in college in Fall 2021. Applicants should also demonstrate financial need, have a minimum 2.0 GPA, and be involved in community service
- Amount: $25,000 + trip to Washington D.C. to participate in the National Scholars Conference
- Deadline: October 25, 2021
- Eligibility: Employees at Chick-Fil-A or affiliated restaurants planning on enrolling in undergraduate or graduate school for the upcoming academic year. Applicants must also be involved in community service in the year before applying and have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Amount: $2,500
- Deadline: October 28, 2021
- Eligibility: Graduating high school seniors (at the time of applying) who plan on pursuing a degree at an accredited post-secondary institution within the U.S.
- Amount: $20,000
- Deadline: October 31, 2021
- Eligibility: Entering or returning students at a post-secondary U.S. instutition (including both undergraduate and graduate schools) with competitive GPAs. Applicants must also have completed at least 40 hours of community service
- Amount: $1,500
- Deadline: July 15 (Fall award) or November 15 (Spring award)
- Eligibility: Full-time high school seniors or any student enrolled in a university, trade school, or coding bootcamp. Applicants should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or above
- Amount: $1,000
- Deadline: January 9, 2022
- Eligibility: Students graduating high school in Spring 2022 who have promoted vegetarianism in their schools or local communities
- Amount: $5,000 or $10,000 (depends on how you place)
- Deadline: February 20, 2022
- Eligibility: Entering or returning full-time students to university pursuing a bachelor’s degree for the first time. Applicants must be residents of a New England state, have a minimum 3.0 GPA, and demonstrate financial need
- Amount: Between $3,000 and $17,000 (Varies)
- Deadline: Varies: Renewal Application for current recipients, due 12 noon, February 1, 2022.
New Application for High School Students for an Early Response, due 12 noon, April 4, 2022
New Application for College Students, due 12 noon, May 2, 2022.
New Application for High School Students, due 12 noon, May 2, 2022.
Summary of leadership scholarships
- NSHSS James W. Lewis Global Leader Scholarship
- Equitable Excellence Scholarship
- Horatio Alger Association National Scholarship
- Chick-Fil-A Leadership Scholarship Award
- Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship
- Great Value Colleges Community Service Scholarship
- Supermoney’s Financial Literacy Scholarship
- Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarship
- Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship
Upcoming leadership scholarships
- Eligibility: NCSA members who are high school seniors at the time of application. Applicants must be attending college the Fall after graduation, have a GPA of at least 3.0, and be majoring in a strength/conditioning-related field
- Amount: $2,000
- Opens: August 1
- Eligibility: Youth environmental change leaders between 13 and 22 years of age who are living in North America or any U.S. territories
- Amount: $3,000 + a weeklong trip to the San Francisco Bay Area to participate in leadership activities and workshops (+ more!)
- Eligibility: Dependent children of current customers of an Alliant Energy utility subsidiary. Applicants should be under 24 years of age, have a minimum 2.5 GPA, and plan on enrolling in college in the soonest Fall following the application deadline
- Amount: $1,000
- Opens: December 2021
- Eligibility: U.S. or Candian residents between 8 and 18 years of age who have worked on an “inspiring service project” within the past year
- Amount: $10,000
- Opens: Early January 2022