Student-centric advice and objective recommendations
Higher education has never been more confusing or expensive. Our goal is to help you navigate the very big decisions related to higher ed with objective information and expert advice. Each piece of content on the site is original, based on extensive research, and reviewed by multiple editors, including a subject matter expert. This ensures that all of our content is up-to-date, useful, accurate, and thorough.
Our reviews and recommendations are based on extensive research, testing, and feedback. We may receive commission from links on our website, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when posted. You can find a complete list of our partners here.
Top Leadership Scholarships in 2022
Involvement in your community, both at school and more broadly, looks great to colleges. This is especially true if you’ve performed any leadership role – colleges want people who are passionate about making a change. If you fit this description (at all – “leadership” is broader than you think!), keep on reading to learn about how you can fund your college journey with leadership scholarships!.
Jump ahead to:
- Top leadership scholarships
- Summary of leadership scholarships
- Frequently asked questions about leadership scholarships
- Upcoming leadership scholarships
- Keep on reading
Here is our list of some of the best leadership scholarships available now!
Top leadership scholarships in 2022
- Eligibility: Dependent children of current customers of an Alliant Energy utility subsidiary. Applicants should be under 24 years of age, have a minimum 2.5 GPA, and plan on enrolling in college in the soonest Fall following the application deadline
- Amount: $1,000
- Deadline: February 17, 2022
- Eligibility: Students graduating high school in Spring 2022 who have promoted vegetarianism in their schools or local communities
- Amount: $5,000 or $10,000 (depends on how you place)
- Deadline: February 20, 2022
- Eligibility: Full-time high school seniors. Applicants should also demonstrate financial need, have a minimum 2.0 GPA, and be involved in community service
- Amount: $25,000 + trip to Washington D.C. to participate in the National Scholars Conference
- Deadline: March 15, 2022
- Eligibility: Entering or returning full-time students to university pursuing a bachelor’s degree for the first time. Applicants must be residents of a New England state, have a minimum 3.0 GPA, and demonstrate financial need
- Amount: Between $3,000 and $17,000 (Varies)
- Deadline: Varies: Renewal Application for current recipients, due 12 noon, February 1, 2022.
New Application for High School Students for an Early Response, due 12 noon, April 4, 2022
New Application for College Students, due 12 noon, May 2, 2022.
New Application for High School Students, due 12 noon, May 2, 2022.
- Eligibility: U.S. or Canadian residents between 8 and 18 years of age who have worked on an “inspiring service project” within the past year
- Amount: $10,000
- Deadline: April 15, 2022
- Eligibility: Highschool sophomores, juniors, or seniors with a 3.5 GPA or higher
- Amount: $5,000
- Deadline: August 31, 2022
- Eligibility: College students must write an article about how they hope to use their major to empower others
- Amount: $1,000
- Deadline: 10/5/2022
Summary of leadership scholarships
- Alliant Energy Innovation Scholarship
- Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarship
- Horatio Alger Association National Scholarship
- Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship
- Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes
- NSHSS James W. Lewis Global Leader Scholarship
Frequently asked questions about leadership scholarships
How do you show leadership for scholarships?
Leadership can show many forms. It could be seen in involvement in your community through service, or leadership positions in school clubs or extracurriculars. Even independent projects which show initiative and innovation can count as leadership. Each leadership scholarship has its own definition of the term. However, it is never a bad bet to find some organizations and take on some responsibility at them.
What is the Chick-fil-A Leadership Scholarship?
Chick-fil-A offers a leadership scholarship to its team members that amounts to $2,500 per year over a maximum of four years. That means that as long as its recipients continue to work at Chick-fil-A, they can earn up to $10,000 in scholarship money. They require that recipients maintain a 2.5 GPA and participate in community service.
Upcoming leadership scholarships
- Eligibility: Employees at Chick-Fil-A or affiliated restaurants planning on enrolling in undergraduate or graduate school for the upcoming academic year. Applicants must also be involved in community service and have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Amount: $2,500
- Open: Fall 2022
- Eligibility: Graduating high school seniors (at the time of applying) who plan on pursuing a degree at an accredited post-secondary institution within the U.S.
- Amount: $20,000
- Opens: August 2022
- Eligibility: Citizens or residents of the U.S. or Puerto Rico who are high school seniors at the time of application. Applicants should plan on enrolling full-time in a university for Fall 2022
- Amount: Between $2,500 and $25,000
- Eligibility: NCSA members who are high school seniors at the time of application. Applicants must be attending college the Fall after graduation, have a GPA of at least 3.0, and be majoring in a strength/conditioning-related field
- Amount: $2,000
- Opens: August 1, 2022
- Eligibility: Youth environmental change leaders between 13 and 22 years of age who are living in North America or any U.S. territories
- Amount: $3,000 + a weeklong trip to the San Francisco Bay Area to participate in leadership activities and workshops (+ more!)
- Eligibility: Full-time high school seniors or any student enrolled in a university, trade school, or coding bootcamp. Applicants should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or above
- Amount: $1,000