The Sara Scholarship is female high school seniors who have some involvement with the sport of golf.
Who is eligible to apply for the Sara Scholarship?
To be eligible for the Sara Scholarship, applicants must…
- Be female
- Be high school seniors with the intention to graduate at the end of the school year
- Meet entrance requirements and plan to enroll at an accredited college or university in the United States
- Have a cumulative minimum unweighted GPA (grade point average) of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate excellent character and active involvement with the sport of golf. Skill in playing golf is not a criterion
- Examples include playing golf as a hobby or as part of a team, working at a golf course, as a caddy or in a pro shop, and any other direct, active engagement with the sport
How much is the Sara scholarship worth?
A minimum of eleven (11) $2000 scholarships will be awarded in 2019 to female high school seniors who have some involvement with the sport of golf.
The Sara Scholarship awards $2000 per year to be applied towards tuition, books, board and other college expenses. The grant is eligible for renewal throughout the applicant’s undergraduate college career up to four years, for a total amount of $8000.
When is the Sara Scholarship application due?
The 2019 application deadline is April 30, 2019.
Best of luck, ladies!