In 2014, The American Legion awarded $16,500 in scholarships to deserving players. Each Department Baseball Committee may select a player from their Department to receive this scholarship. The American Legion will award several scholarships this year depending on the number of applicants and interest earned from the trust fund.
In order to be eligible for the American Legion Baseball Scholarship, applicants must:
- Have graduated from high school.
- Be on a current roster (American Legion National Baseball Electronic Registration Form) filed with National Headquarters.
- Be part of a team affiliated with an American Legion post.
- Attach a copy of his official high school transcript.
- Have three letters of testimony attached to application.
How much is the scholarship worth?
Each Department Baseball Committee will select an American Legion player who best meets the qualifications as the American Legion Baseball Scholarship winner. Each department winner will receive a scholarship from The American Legion of $500 or more.
When is the scholarship application due?
Application and testimonial letters must be postmarked to the department headquarters no later than July 15, 2016.
Best of luck to all players!