Stuck at Prom Scholarship Contest
The Stuck at Prom® Scholarship Contest is an annual scholarship contest for high school students who create cool prom accessories and outfits from duct tape. Applicants also have to complete an online entry form.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Be at least 14 years of age.
- Attend a high school, home school association, or other school-sanctioned prom during the 2018 calendar year.
- Be a legal resident of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Maryland, Vermont and Colorado) or a legal resident of Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec).
- Not have been a finalist in any previous Stuck at Prom contests.
What will the scholarship committee be looking at?
Here’s how it works: Duck® brand selects a panel of judges, and those judges will determine the finalists based on:
- Workmanship (20%)
- Originality (20%)
- Use of colors (20%)
- Accessories (20%)
- Use of Duck® Brand Duck Tape (20%)
How much is the scholarship worth?
- One (1) First Place Prize – Dress Category: $10,000 will be awarded to the winning Finalist in the Dress Category.
- One (1) First Place Prize – Tux Category: $10,000 will be awarded to the winning Finalist in the Tux Category.
- Eight (8) Runners Up Prizes: $500 Cash Scholarship and Duck® Brand Prize Packs (ARV $100 each) will be awarded to the remaining Finalists in each of the Dress and Tux Categories.
All entries are due by July 9, 2019, so you all still have time to plan a great outfit! At the very least, you can see the awesome outfits that students have put together in the Stuck at Prom® Gallery.
If you have any questions, they are probably answered in this handy FAQs section!
Best of luck, creative ones!