The Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships recognize and reward the great steps students are taking to fight hunger in our communities across the United States.
Who is eligible to apply for the Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships?
1. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited educational institution (kindergarten through graduate school) in the United States. All applicants must be ages 5-25 and meet the age requirement by Oct. 5, 2018.
2. All applicants must demonstrate on-going commitment to their community by performing unpaid volunteer services impacting hunger in the United States within the last 12 months.
3. All applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States who reside in the contiguous United States, Alaska, and Hawaii only.
4. Volunteer services performed by applicant must help non-family members.
5. If applicant is selected as a potential national Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarship recipient or regional Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Honoree, in order to be confirmed as a winner, the student’s parent or legal guardian must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Assignment of Rights.
6. Scholarship funds awarded to winners must be used for tuition and related fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses at an accredited post-secondary education institution.
How much are the Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships worth?
Each student selected as a national Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarship recipient will receive a $5,000 scholarship, as well as a $5,000 grant made in their name to the hunger-related charity of their choice in their local community. If the student selected is in school, but is not yet enrolled in an institution of higher education, then in lieu of a scholarship, a contribution in the amount of $5,000 shall be made to a qualified 529 Plan established by the family of that student for the benefit of that student.
Up to five national scholarship recipients will be selected based on their ongoing work to end hunger. The Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation will also recognize up to 20 Stop Hunger regional honorees with a $1,000 donation for their preferred hunger-relief charity.
When is the deadline to apply for the Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships?
Applications close on Dec. 5, 2018.
For a handy information flyer, click here.
Meet the 2018 Stop Hunger Scholars.
Best of luck to all applicants!