Established to recognize relatives of Army Service Women, the Women’s Army Corps Veterans Association Scholarship scholarship awards high achieving students who have a close relative who served in the US Army. This competitive scholarship is awarded once a year. The scholarship is based upon academic achievement and leadership as expressed through co-curricular activities and community involvement.
Who is eligible to apply for the Women’s Army Corps Veterans’ Association Scholarship?
- must be a United States Citizen
- a high school Graduating Senior, showing academic promise, with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- applicants must submit a letter from the high school attending, with transcripts
- submit a biographical sketch and letter
- applicants must plan to enroll as a full-time student at an accredited college or university in the United States
- applicants must be a child, grandchild, niece or nephew of an Army Service Woman
- documentation of sponsor’s military service required
This scholarship application has a number of requirements, so make sure that you give yourself plenty of time to apply. For the biographical sketch, a 500 word essay about your future goals and how the scholarship is a major requirement. The selection committee recommends that you include significant people and/or events that have influenced in your essay. Remember, your essay is a way to “show” who you are. Make it come to life with vivid examples. Finally, don’t forget the all important final proofreading before submitting!
How much is the Women’s Army Corps Veterans’ Association Scholarship worth?
This scholarship is worth $1,500! The lucky winner will be notified by mail or email. The check will be forwarded to the institute of higher education that the winner plans to attend.
When is the application deadline?
The application deadline is midnight on February 2nd of the student’s senior year.
To read more about the Women’s Army Corps Veteran’s Association, click here.
Best of luck to all applicants!