The Walmart Dependent Scholarship Program evaluates applicants based on financial need and academic achievement. According to their website, approximately 25% of all eligible applicants will receive scholarships!
Who is eligible to apply for the Walmart Dependent Scholarship Program?
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States.
- Must be the dependent of a Walmart associate (employee) who has been actively employed within any division of Walmart for at least six consecutive months as of April 2, 2018.
- Must be a high school (or home school) senior graduating between August 1, 2017 and July 31, 2018 or a GED candidate earning his or her diploma between August 1, 2017 and July 31, 2018.
- Must have a cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 on a 4-point scale (high school/home school seniors).
- Must enroll for fall 2018 as a freshman/1st year student in a full-time program of study at a two-year or four-year college or university. The school must be an accredited U.S. institution, and listed on the official website for the U.S. Department of
Education (http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx). Military academies are not approved institutions.
- Must have financial need and be able to demonstrate the need with required documents.
How much is the Walmart Dependent Scholarship Program worth?
The Walmart Dependent Scholarship Program awards scholarships of up to $13,000 that can be used over the course of four academic years.
When is the application for the Walmart Dependent Scholarship Program due?
The deadline to apply is July 31, 2018.