The Walmart Associate Scholarship Program is administered by Scholarship America® on behalf of the Walmart Foundation. Walmart Associate Scholarships cannot be offered to every applicant who meets the eligibility requirements described below. Only ten percent of all eligible applicants will be awarded a scholarship.
Who is eligible for the Walmart Associate Scholarship Program?
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident of the United States.
- Must be employed part-time or full-time with any division of Walmart for at least six consecutive months prior to the appropriate application due date (see chart below).
- Must have graduated high school/home school or obtained a GED before applying or be a graduating high school senior who intends to enroll in a college or university upon graduation.
- If applying as a graduating high school senior, must wait to apply until you are within 6 months of starting your college courses.
- Must have financial need and be able to demonstrate the need with required documents. (Note: Students with other funds that pay entirely for tuition, books, fees, and on-campus room and board are ineligible.)
How much is the Walmart Associate Scholarship worth?
Funding Limits per Walmart Fiscal Year (Feb.1–Jan. 31)
• Certificate Program (undergraduate or graduate): Up to $1,500 within a single Walmart Fiscal Year
• Associate Degree: Up to $2,000 within a single Walmart Fiscal Year
• Bachelor’s Degree: Up to $3,000 within a single Walmart Fiscal Year
• Graduate Degree: Up to $2,000 within a single Walmart Fiscal Year
• Maximum Possible Award: Funding for any one degree program cannot exceed $16,000.
When is the application deadline for the Walmart Associate Scholarship Program?
The application period is open until December 1, 2016.
Still have questions? Check out this handy FAQs page.
Best of luck to all who apply!