The American College Foundation (ACF) is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The Association offers the annual Visionary Scholarship program to financially support students in every grade level of high school. The ACF awards start at $1,000 each, with a grand prize of $5,000. What makes this scholarship program unique is the fact that financial need is not considered–at all!
Who is eligible to apply for the Visionary Scholarship?
Applicants must be:
- Currently enrolled as High School Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, or Seniors
- Legal residents of the United States or eligible non-citizens
Financial need is not a consideration. All income levels are welcome to apply. If you are not a winner the first time time you apply, make sure you reapply the following year!
How do I apply for this scholarship?
All applications for the American College Foundation’s Visionary Scholarship Program will consist of:
- A completed ACF Visionary Scholarship Application
- The student’s most recent unofficial high school transcript
- A 500-word essay on “Why College is Important to Me”
Remember, every section of the application is due at the time of submission. If you send in a partially completed application, you will be disqualified. Consider the following:
- Grammar and punctuation (25%)
- Ability to follow guidelines (25%)
- Originality and overall merit of the written essay (50%)
How much is the Visionary Scholarship worth?
Multiple scholarships worth from $1,000 to $5,000 are awarded each year. These one-time awards are non-renewable. The Visionary Scholarship funds are applied directly to the fees related to the winner’s first year of higher post-secondary education. The winning students must attend accredited institutions of higher education.
When is scholarship application due?
The application deadline is May 1, 2022. On June 30, 2022 the lucky winners are notified. Awards will be distributed on July 31, 2022.
Have questions? Email [email protected] for answers.
Best of luck to all who apply!