Valeant Dermatology Scholarships
If you have been treated for a dermatologic condition…you can aspire to receive one of nine Valeant Dermatology Scholarships!
Who is eligible for the Valeant Dermatology Scholarships?
You may be eligible if you:
- Are a United States citizen living in the United States
- At the time of application, have applied to, have been accepted to, or are currently attending an accredited, nonprofit, two- or four-year college, university, or advanced (post-high school) vocational or technical school in 2017
- Have been diagnosed with and treated for a dermatologic condition
- Have been treated by a dermatologist, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner
- Used a prescription medicine to treat your dermatologic condition*
*Applicants need not have used a Valeant dermatologic prescription medicine. Use of a Valeant product will not increase an applicant’s chance of being awarded a scholarship.
Complete an application that includes:
- An essay written by you describing in approximately 500 words
- the impact your diagnosed dermatologic condition has had on your life and personal experiences
- the role your dermatologist, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner has played in helping treat the condition
- Two letters of recommendation and information about your school and community activities
- Medical Statement from your dermatologist, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner confirming your diagnosis
- At time of scholarship application, proof of application or acceptance to, or enrollment at, the school that you are seeking the scholarship
- Proof of admission and current enrollment will be required at time of scholarship award
How much are the Valeant Dermatology Scholarships worth?
Nine scholarships worth up to $10,000 each will be awarded!
Three scholarships will be awarded in three different categories: Undergraduate Scholar Awards for students pursuing an undergraduate degree, Graduate Scholar Awards for students pursuing a graduate degree and Today’s Woman Scholar Awards for students who are mothers pursuing either a graduate or undergraduate degree. For more details, check out the website here.
When are applications for the Valeant Dermatology Scholarships due?
The application deadline is April 30, 2017. There will be no extensions granted under any circumstances, so make sure to allow yourself enough time to complete the process.
Best of luck to all who apply!