Upakar was founded to support the educational and career aspirations of the Indian-American community. The Upakar Indian-American Scholarship provides $8,000 over four years for each recipient. In addition to the scholarship, Upakar provides a mentoring program for scholarship recipients. This is an outstanding opportunity to seek the advice of and network with successful professionals across the United States from the Indian-American community.
Who is eligible to apply for the Upakar Foundation Scholarship?
In order to be eligible to apply, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have either been born or have one parent born in the Republic of India
- Be either a U.S. citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card) holder
- Plan to enroll Full-Time in an accredited, not-for-profit, 4-year university or 2-year Community College, during the FALL of a scholarship cycle (year)
- Have a prior year Family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) on the IRS form 1040 of less than $90,000
- Currently be a graduating high school senior living in the USA with a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.6 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
Remember, the Upakar Indian-American Scholarships are competitive. Make sure that you give yourself plenty of time to write the essays, which are how you will distinguish yourself from the other applicants. This is where your background, education and career aspirations make “you” come to life. Finally, make sure to submit the application before the deadline!
What is the amount of this scholarship?
The Upakar Foundation provides $8,000 over four years for each scholarship recipient. Each year, the annual scholarship will be renewed as long as the scholar maintains a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.3 (out of 4.0).
When is the deadline to apply for the Upakar Foundation Scholarship?
The deadline to apply is April 30, 2021.
Questions? Click here for a handy FAQs page.
Still have questions? Contact the Upakar Foundation at [email protected]
Best of luck to all applicants!