Since 1991, the Union Plus Scholarship Program has awarded more than $5 million in awards to deserving students.
Who is eligible for the Union Plus Scholarship?
- Current and retired members of participating unions, their spouses and their dependent children (as defined by IRS regulations). Note, grandchildren are not eligible unless the grandchild is a legal dependent (as defined by IRS regulations) of the union member.
- At least one year of continuous union membership by the applicant, applicant’s spouse or parent (if applicant is a dependent). The one year membership minimum must be satisfied by May 31 of the scholarship year
- Participating union members from the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada are eligible
- Union members do not have to purchase any Union Plus program product or participate in any Union Plus programs to apply for the scholarships and scholarship awards are not based upon participation in a Union Plus program
- At the time awards are issued, applicants should be accepted into a U.S. accredited college or university, community college or technical or trade school. Awards are for the 2022 — 2023 school year.
- Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible
How much is this scholarship worth?
Amounts range from $500 to $4,000. These one-time cash awards are for study beginning in the Fall of 2022. It is great that students may re-apply each year!
Award recipients will be notified during the first week of June 2021 by postal mail. In addition, all winners will be emailed.
When is the deadline to apply?
Starting in mid-June, the scholarship window opens. All applications are due on or before 12:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) on January 31, 2022.
Want to check out last year’s winners? Take a look here!
Best of luck to all applicants!