The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and McDonalds are once again proud to offer the TMCF | McDonald’s Black and Positively Golden Scholarship. This is a truly “golden” opportunity for high-achieving Black students with leadership capabilities and financial need. Applicants must plan on attending one of TMCF’s 47 publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) or a Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs).
Who is eligible to apply for the TMCF | McDonald’s Black and Positively Golden Scholarship?
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Be enrolled full-time as a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior attending an HBCU during the 2021-2022 academic school year
- Current cumulative grade point average of 2.7 or higher
- Able to demonstrate leadership abilities
- Able to demonstrate a financial need
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
There are multiple components to this application, so plan accordingly. See the website for full details, but for starters:
- Provide the transcript (official or unofficial) for the most recently completed academic term (must include the end of Fall 2020 grades and cumulative GPA)
- Applicants must upload a professional image in their school logo/and colors.
- Answer the following video interview questions (1-2 mins for each question):
- Do you consider yourself a change-maker? An individual that helps institute positive growth for your school? For your community? If so, how & why?
- How do you demonstrate Black & Positively Golden at your HBCU or community?
Remember, creating a video response that is going to “wow” the judging committee takes time and effort. Make sure that you start as soon as you read through this post!
How much is this scholarship worth?
Thirty three students will be awarded scholarships of $15,000 ($7,500 for each semester) for costs associated with tuition and fees.
When is the application deadline for this scholarship?
The final date to submit your completed application is February 7, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST.
Best of luck to all who apply!