SHPE Foundation Scholarships
As of January 1, 2013, The SHPE Foundation Scholarships are being offered to “Latino students pursuing degrees in engineering, math and science”.
How does the program work?
This program awards both merit-based and need-based scholarships (in the amount of $1,000 – $5,000) to deserving Latino/a high school graduating seniors, undergraduate students, and graduate students who demonstrate both significant motivation and aptitude for a career in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
Who is eligible?
Because the SHPE Foundation Scholarships is plural and there are multiple scholarships, some eligibility requirements vary. However there are some basics for all of the scholarships:
- minimum high school and undergrad GPA of a 2.75, a graduate GPA of a 3.0 and a dissertation GPA of a 3.5
- Students must be registered as full time students in a STEM field.
You are only permitted to apply for one scholarship. When you apply, send in the following information:
- Application Form
- Scholarship Certification Form
- Personal Statement (completed through the online application)
- Recommendation Letter from a teacher or faculty
The application form (found online) must also be completed. All application materials must be postmarked by May 1st, 2013. A list of all available scholarships (and descriptions) is available on the scholarship website. Best of luck!