The Nordstrom Scholarship Program (2011)
Unfortunately, as the year draws to a close, many scholarships have closed their doors to applications. This said, it is always a good idea to mark a great scholarship off for future years (or to pass around to friends/family for future reference).
Each year, Nordstrom, Inc. offers the Nordstrom Scholarship (which was already due on May 17, 2011) for juniors.
Who is eligible for The Nordstrom Scholarship Program?
In order to apply for the scholarship, one must fit into the following criteria:
- Be a high school junior
- Maintain a cumulative unweighted GPA of at least 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale) throughout your high school career
- Have participated in community/volunteer activities
- Live and attend school in one of the participating states designated by Nordstrom
- Be planning to apply for financial assistance to attend college
- Attend an accredited four-year college or university during all years for which the scholarship is awarded
- Be eligible to attend a four-year college or university in the United States
- Live and attend school in one of the participating geographic areas designated by Nordstrom
- Not have a conviction for any crime
The Nordstrom Scholarship Program awards $10,000 college scholarship to 80 outstanding students across the country. Think about it; that’s over $800,000 just this year! If you have any questions about this scholarship, direct them to:
This scholarship is particularly helpful because not many programs focus on high school juniors, instead opting for seniors. And, although this scholarship was due two weeks ago, it is an excellent opportunity for rising juniors for the 2011-2012 school year. Mark it on your calendar!