The Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF) was founded in 1975. It was established to assist high-achieving college bound students of Hispanic heritage with demonstrated financial need. To date, the HSF has awarded over $588 million dollars! Being awarded a Hispanic Scholarship Fund Scholarship is about so much more than just financial support though. As students and their parents navigate their way through higher education, the HSF provides resources and support along the way.
Click here to read about some of the resources the HSF offers. The HSF also offers students and families a plethora of programs, including free bilingual workshops and college camps. In addition, the HSF offers the four-day Youth Leadership Institute where students learn to successfully apply to top colleges. In short, the HSF offers amazing resources to high achieving Hispanic students! While applicants are eligible no matter what subject they are majoring in, those who plan to major in STEM fields will be emphasized.
Who is eligible to apply for the Hispanic Scholarship Fund Scholarship?
The following requirements apply to applicants:
- Must be of Hispanic heritage
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale for high school students
- Minimum of 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale for undergraduate and graduate students
- Plan to enroll full-time in an accredited, not-for-profit, four-year university, or graduate school
- US Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident, DACA, or Eligible Non-Citizen (as defined by FAFSA)
- Complete FAFSA or state based financial aid application (if applicable)
How much is the HSF Scholarship worth?
These awards are based on merit, so individual dollar amounts will vary according to student achievement. Among the scholars selected, most awards usually range from $500 to $5,000.
When is the HSF Scholarship application due?
The application is due on February 15, 2020. After a finalist period, HSF Scholars will be selected in May 2020. The scholarships will be awarded between October and December 2020.
Best of luck to all who apply!