Great Clips has a question for future stylists when they ask: Who says you can’t soar with shears? Did you know that Great Clips offers cosmetology education scholarships to aspiring cosmetologists? In fact, Great Clips awards over $100,000 in scholarships and professional tools to cosmetology students every year! These scholarships are offered in memory of Alice Madden Barton, a woman of great character who was the mother of Great Clips CEO Rhoda Olsen and Chairman Ray Barton.
Who is eligible to apply for the Great Scholarship Program?
All applicants must:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Receive written permission from parent or guardian to accept the award if under 18 years old
- Enrolled in a cosmetology school at the time of application
- Be legal residents of the United States
The application requires an original written response to the following question:
“What is exciting to you about a career in cosmetology? Why?”
After the applicant submits the form, the application will be sent to a local salon owner for consideration. A local Great Clips salon owner will contact you if you are a selected for a scholarship award.
How much is the Great Scholarship Program worth?
Award recipients will have two choices in regard to their award:
- A check sent directly to the cosmetology school or financial institution involved
- A professional tool kit, valued at up to $500, that includes a blow dryer, sheers, and other tools
When is the Great Scholarship Program application due?
The deadline to apply for the Great Scholarship Program is January 31, 2020 by 11:59PM EST. Award winners will find out their good fortune between March 31, 2020 and May 31, 2020!
For the full terms and conditions, click here.
Best of luck to all who apply! Even if you are not planning of a future in cosmetology, please pass on this scholarship opportunity to those who are!