The Generation Google Scholarship awards aspiring computer scientists who excel in technology with scholarships. Historically underrepresented groups, such as Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, American Indian, or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander students are especially encouraged to apply.
Who is eligible to apply for the the Generation Google Scholarship?
All applicants must:
- Have a high school degree or equivalent, unless you are currently a high school senior applying to university
- Currently enrolled at an accredited university for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Intend to enroll in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters or PhD program at a university in the United States or Canada for the 2020-2021 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for improving representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
In order to apply, you will need a completed resume/CV, current official transcript, and a recommendation from a professor, instructor, teacher, advisor, or supervisor. In addition, there are four essay questions that will be a deciding factor in the final selection process (submit as a PDF).
How much are these scholarships worth?
Selected students in the United States will receive 10,000, and students in Canada will receive $5,000. Recipients must use their awards for education related expenses such as tuition and books.
In addition to the monetary scholarship, current undergraduate or graduate students are invited to attend the Google Scholars’ Retreat in the summer of 2020.
The committee selects award winners on the overall strength of their application materials as well as their written responses to the essay prompts in their peer group.
When is the Generation Google Scholarship application due?
Application deadline: December 4, 2020 at 11:59 pm PT.
Still have questions? Email email@example.com.
Best of luck to all applicants, and thank you for your service!