The BadCredit.org Wealth Wise Scholarship is open to US undergraduate and graduate students seeking a career in the finance industry. This scholarship is awarded every year to the most qualified students majoring in a finance related field. In addition to academic merit, students are expected to submit a thoughtful, cited essay about how we can improve the credit scoring system in the United States.
Who is eligible to apply for the BadCredit.org Wealth Wise Scholarship?
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum GPA of 3.5
- Major of study must support a career in finance, business, accounting, mathematics, management, and other related majors
- Be a resident of the United States
- Must send in an official transcript
- Current or future college student (e.g., high school senior)
Please adhere to the essay guidelines as outlined below:
- Essay Topic/Title: How the US Credit Scoring System Can Be Improved. This essay will explore current issues in today’s credit landscape and various ways to offset the negative implications that affect many Americans’ ability to access capital.
- The essay should be 500-900 words.
- Any resources should be carefully noted and cited appropriately using the MLA format.
- Any plagiarism or fabrication will disqualify the applicant from award disbursement.
- The essay should be written in 12-point font, Times New Roman, double-spaced, 1-inch margins.
To apply, please mail your official transcript and original essay to the following address:
Attn: Wealth Wise Scholarship
15 SE 1st Ave
Gainesville, FL 32601
How much is the BadCredit.org Wealth Wise Scholarship worth?
The lucky recipient of the BadCredit.org Wealth Wise Scholarship will receive $1,000 for their higher education.The scholarship must go to tuition purposes and will be paid directly to the student’s university/college.
When is the BadCredit.org Wealth Wise Scholarship application due?
Please note the following deadlines:
- The official due date is: December 31, 2019
- Winners will be announced: January 21, 2020
- The actual scholarship will be awarded on: January 31, 2020
Best of luck to all who apply!