The Asian Women In Business Scholarship Fund
The Asian Women In Business Scholarship Fund is currently available . Candidates for the scholarship must be female of Asian (includes those who can trace their ancestry from Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam) or Pacific Islander ancestry and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- demonstrated a leadership role in a community endeavor and/or b) a record of entrepreneurial achievement
- Enrolled full-time in an accredited four-year undergraduate institution in the U.S. at the time of application and award. Please be advised that this scholarship is for currently enrolled undergraduates who have completed at least one semester.
- Carry a minimum of 3.0 (out of 4.0) GPA at the time of application (H.S. credit/grades do not count towards this scholarship)
- Provide the most recent college transcript; semi-finalists will be required to provide their official college transcript
- Provide a minimum of one professional recommendation
- Fully complete and sign the AWIB Scholarship Application
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Additional $2,500 will be awarded to applicants (for a total of $5,000) for those who can demonstrate a financial need, by submitting a copy of the most current FAFSA form.
Details on the scholarship awards:
ï‚· Each winner will receive $2,500
ï‚· Applicant can be considered for an additional $2,500 (a total of $5,000) if qualified as lower middle income
ï‚· Awards are expected to be applied towards tuition and other education-related expenses
The application can be found online.
The essays must be as follows:
1. In an essay of 500-800 words, describe your leadership role(s). What did you accomplish? How has this
experience influenced your goals? How has it made you a better leader?
2. In an essay of 150-400 words, outline what you would do with the scholarship money.
Complete both essays
All materials must are due by September 15, 2014.. Good luck!