The goals of the Matters of Life & Death Scholarship Writing Contest are to help California students develop awareness of the issues surrounding aid in dying and to financially assist college-bound scholars.
What are the eligibility requirements for the Matters of Life and Death Writing Contest?
To participate in the 2015 Matters of Life & Death Scholarship Writing Contest, you must meet the following requirements:
- Currently attending a California high school (or home-school),
- Currently a high school junior or senior,
- Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited college in the United States, and
- United States Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
How much are the awards worth?
- $2,000 for First Place
- $500 for Second Place
- $250 for Third Place
When are entries due by?
- All entries must be submitted by email no later than May 1, 2015. Email your entries to [email protected]
compassionandchoices.org and in the email subject line, write: â€œyour last name, your first name.â€
You can find out all the details here.
Best of luck to all applicants!